Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2013, 02:55 PM

9 posts, read 12,225 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone, I am looking to relocate to the Irvine/Lake Forest area because my fiance is currently living there. Right now I am finishing up a postdoctoral fellowship in Chemical Biology/Biochemistry and have applied for several faculty positions in the area. I would like to expand my search to industry and non-profits but have only been looking for jobs using Indeed.com and the Southern California HERC. Does anyone know of any other resources for science jobs, especially non-profits? I have had trouble finding opportunities for these types of positions.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2013, 02:53 PM

341 posts, read 705,414 times
Since you read tons of journals I'm sure to keep abreast of the latest and greatest, there are numerous job listings at the back pages of those journals. You may also want to try and get in touch with drug reps in the area for leads. There's a heavy biotech - pharma corporate presence in irvine specifically so you are in luck. Allergan comes to mind as but one example. They're huge. If academia is an option you have UC irvine with all of its wonderful opportunities.

Old 11-14-2013, 09:37 AM

1,576 posts, read 6,330,683 times
Sounds like you will have a lot more job opportunities if you are willing to open up your job search to include positions beyond academia. Southern California, and San Diego in particular, is a hot bed for biotech companies. Your credentials would allow you to slot in nicely I imagine. As for nonprofits, there are certainly hospitals (including Scripps Health in SD). You may also want to send a similar query to the San Diego forum. Good luck!!!

Old 11-14-2013, 07:15 PM

192 posts, read 324,664 times
Amgen comes to mind as well. good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County