Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2014, 05:52 PM

3 posts, read 9,507 times

Advertisements

Costa Mesa is not nice... its a "normal" city. By normal I mean there are nice areas and bad areas.

The City of Costa Mesa has its own culture. Its called the city of the arts for a reason, Its extremely diverse. Most citizens of Costa Mesa encourage Skateboarding, Graffiti, Surfing, Loud Music, and Marijuana smoke. Its an old city NEXT TO THE BEACH with a lot of history this being a small portion of it.

In the 90's Costa Mesa was a shifty city, Joining Gangs Was the predominant culture in the city at one point. The gangs were mostly made up of Mexicans or Whites, sometimes even a combination of the two. At that time Costa Mesa had a series of gang violence and shootings which lead to a series of gang sweeps and other operations performed by CMPD's Gang Task Force. After a sweep on a gang called VLTx3 they moved some members to Arizona where the gang grew and became well known.

Present Day Gang life in Costa Mesa is different, There are still Mexican and White Gangs in Costa Mesa even some of the old ones from the 90's are around but there are also black gangs, asian gangs, and racially diverse gangs now.

Have people been shot in Costa Mesa? Yes

Do cars get stolen?: Yes

Are there Local gangs:? Yes

Are there drugs:? Yes

Are there Homeless? Yes

Do people get mugged/robbed? Yes

If you go looking for it, It will find you.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2014, 11:58 PM

341 posts, read 704,620 times
What's not to like. You got the beach at your fingertips, great coastal weather, and one of the safest, conservative cities in Irvine very close by.

Old 04-06-2014, 11:59 PM

341 posts, read 704,620 times
Forgot about the big 'ol mall too. South Coast Plaza.

Old 04-07-2014, 10:05 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,087,177 times
I've always liked Costa Mesa. Probably because it doesn't feel like so much of OC. It feels more organic and urban, plus close to so many things. Very different vibe

Old 04-07-2014, 10:24 AM

1,224 posts, read 1,813,898 times
Another "bash the OC city" thread, probably started by someone who lives no where in California.

Old 04-08-2014, 04:38 PM

2,412 posts, read 2,458,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frog_butt View Post
Costa Mesa is not nice... its a "normal" city. By normal I mean there are nice areas and bad areas.

The City of Costa Mesa has its own culture. Its called the city of the arts for a reason, Its extremely diverse. Most citizens of Costa Mesa encourage Skateboarding, Graffiti, Surfing, Loud Music, and Marijuana smoke. Its an old city NEXT TO THE BEACH with a lot of history this being a small portion of it.

In the 90's Costa Mesa was a shifty city, Joining Gangs Was the predominant culture in the city at one point. The gangs were mostly made up of Mexicans or Whites, sometimes even a combination of the two. At that time Costa Mesa had a series of gang violence and shootings which lead to a series of gang sweeps and other operations performed by CMPD's Gang Task Force. After a sweep on a gang called VLTx3 they moved some members to Arizona where the gang grew and became well known.

Present Day Gang life in Costa Mesa is different, There are still Mexican and White Gangs in Costa Mesa even some of the old ones from the 90's are around but there are also black gangs, asian gangs, and racially diverse gangs now.

Have people been shot in Costa Mesa? Yes

Do cars get stolen?: Yes

Are there Local gangs:? Yes

Are there drugs:? Yes

Are there Homeless? Yes

Do people get mugged/robbed? Yes

If you go looking for it, It will find you.
All BS, My parents live in costa mesa, I lived there too, perfectly safe, gangs are done 1990s was bad, not now.

All your questions you answered yes are true for every city in the world,

to show you that you are a troll, there is a very small black population here, not even big enough to create gangs.

Asian gangs in Costa Mesa, please

Old 04-09-2014, 09:27 AM

3 posts, read 8,909 times
I love Costa Mesa, it is affordable unlike all the other OC cities, and yes may have a lot of Transients but so does Lake Forest and other places too. The weather is cooler that inland and is great for commuting. Most people are driving in to go the beach while People in Costa Mesa drive out to go to work. I wonder where FrogBUtt lives?

Old 04-09-2014, 01:57 PM

1,083 posts, read 2,158,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shice2 View Post
I love Costa Mesa, it is affordable unlike all the other OC cities, and yes may have a lot of Transients but so does Lake Forest and other places too. The weather is cooler that inland and is great for commuting. Most people are driving in to go the beach while People in Costa Mesa drive out to go to work. I wonder where FrogBUtt lives?
According to another thread, he's a "lifetime" resident of Costa Mesa. I was just there this morning for breakfast. I'm partial to the city myself.

Old 04-11-2014, 01:04 AM

40 posts, read 83,999 times
Costa Mesa is allright, nothing special. It definitely has crime issues, just like other cities. But if you pay so much money to live in OC, then it would be nice to have nearly no crime. Also, to me, Costa Mesa felt sort of "poor and dirty" compare to other areas. Felt like a "ghetto" of OC.

Old 04-11-2014, 01:11 AM

1,110 posts, read 2,458,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ala300 View Post
Costa Mesa is allright, nothing special. It definitely has crime issues, just like other cities. But if you pay so much money to live in OC, then it would be nice to have nearly no crime. Also, to me, Costa Mesa felt sort of "poor and dirty" compare to other areas. Felt like a "ghetto" of OC.
If you want ghetto spend some time in Stanton.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County