Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2014, 09:04 PM

2,963 posts, read 5,449,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Snoooty View Post
the reality is kids in watts are far better adjusted and able to deal with life, than some sheltered, naive pansy hailing from some orange county cul-de-sac.

TROOF!
That's really not so much my attitude. Rather, it's...outside South OC the only other environment is like Watts? I mean, I recognize the hyperbole...but really? That would answer the OP, anyway.

Old 05-28-2014, 10:08 PM

3,322 posts, read 7,968,123 times
It is possible to be rich and not naive. However, its not something I see often here. I've encountered plenty of wealthy people in my travels. Being sheltered is a choice once you become an adult. No one forces you to live in a bubble unless you love living in that bubble.

Old 05-28-2014, 10:48 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,082,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
When you USE ALL CAPS, you lose credibility boyo. Racism is everywhere, no doubt about that. Anyone who says otherwise is a fool. However, the total vibe of superiority I sense as a new resident is not welcoming.

Its like the surfer mentally is rampant throughout. You can't surf here cause you aren't a local. You have to prove yourself to be able to surf with surfers like that...I get that. But to live, no thanks.

People acting like N. OC is a warzone or something. Yes there are some "ghetto" spots but its definitely the minority of N. OC. When you get out of the "orange curtain" as someone referred to it as, you'll see a real ghetto. I've been in some shady shady areas in the world.

I was in Bangkok as the protests were happening in December. Get ready to hear about Thailand like you've been hearing about the middle east and Eastern Europe. But hey, I'm sure the super ghetto of N. OC can't compare.
I used to live in South County. The superiority complex is not due to race but due to money. You'll find plenty of non-whites with money in South County who have the same superiority complex.

Old 05-29-2014, 07:28 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,134,777 times
Quote:
It is possible to be rich and not naive. However, its not something I see often here. I've encountered plenty of wealthy people in my travels. Being sheltered is a choice once you become an adult. No one forces you to live in a bubble unless you love living in that bubble.
Nor is anyone forcing you to stay in said bubble.

Old 05-29-2014, 07:57 PM

Quote:
When you USE ALL CAPS, you lose credibility boyo. Racism is everywhere, no doubt about that. Anyone who says otherwise is a fool. However, the total vibe of superiority I sense as a new resident is not welcoming.

Its like the surfer mentally is rampant throughout. You can't surf here cause you aren't a local. You have to prove yourself to be able to surf with surfers like that...I get that. But to live, no thanks.

People acting like N. OC is a warzone or something. Yes there are some "ghetto" spots but its definitely the minority of N. OC. When you get out of the "orange curtain" as someone referred to it as, you'll see a real ghetto. I've been in some shady shady areas in the world.

I was in Bangkok as the protests were happening in December. Get ready to hear about Thailand like you've been hearing about the middle east and Eastern Europe. But hey, I'm sure the super ghetto of N. OC can't compare.
No, I lose no credibility because you are the one making the charge that an entire region is racist. It is your burden to prove that that the region is "racist" against whomever, and if your case, "Middle Easterners". I simply pointed out that I am not racist and I live here to make the point that certainly not all persons who reside here are racists.

If you are going to paint us all as racists in South County, I would like to read what evidence you have for having reached this conclusion. So far all I have seen is "they think North OC is ghetto". Might your disappointment with South OC have something to do with your not having received an unemployment payment (as you recently alluded to this on City Data) or the fact that you did not like your sales job in South County (which you also alluded to on City Data) or the fact that you are unemployed (also posted on City Data)? If you go read my old posts, you will see that I do not consider North OC ghetto (whatever the hell that means).

As for the fact that you claim that you have been in OC for 15 years and not 15 days, that too is dubious as you earlier claimed on City Data that you resided in other places, and only a portion of the time was in North OC. You recently also indicated that you were new to Aliso Viejo.

Last edited by LuvSouthOC; 05-29-2014 at 08:21 PM..

Old 05-29-2014, 08:19 PM

Midnight Fapper (posts deleted) = Afternoon Napper (posts deleted) = Ghetto Ivory (posts deleted) = Lord Snooty (posts deleted due to his IP address being the same no doubt). Interestingly, Conqueringfools also stopped posting.

Old 05-29-2014, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
No, I lose no credibility because you are the one making the charge that an entire region is racist. It is your burden to prove that that the region is "racist" against whomever, and if your case, "Middle Easterners". I simply pointed out that I am not racist and I live here to make the point that certainly not all persons who reside here are racists.

If you are going to paint us all as racists in South County, I would like to read what evidence you have for having reached this conclusion. So far all I have seen is "they think North OC is ghetto". Might your disappointment with South OC have something to do with your not having received an unemployment payment (as you recently alluded to this on City Data) or the fact that you did not like your sales job in South County (which you also alluded to on City Data) or the fact that you are unemployed (also posted on City Data)? If you go read my old posts, you will see that I do not consider North OC ghetto (whatever the hell that means).

As for the fact that you claim that you have been in OC for 15 years and not 15 days, that too is dubious as you earlier claimed on City Data that you resided in other places, and only a portion of the time was in North OC. You recently also indicated that you were new to Aliso Viejo.
People like to paint any region with a high number of whites as automatically being racist. Now, I don't like South County one bit (grew up in North County with a very strong anti-South County bias), but even I wouldn't say it's a racist area.

Old 05-29-2014, 10:44 PM

3,322 posts, read 7,968,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post

Jeez, obviously not every single person is racist. Do you take everything so personal and literal? I'm not going to debate the 12 different points you bring up in three different posts. Meaning, you ramble.

Also, way to follow my posts like a total creeper. You picked and choose which threads I posted in. Never used the ignore feature til now.

Old 05-30-2014, 12:14 AM

374 posts, read 721,520 times
Why should we have to keep tabs on all of the poor inland crap hole cities in Southern California?

Old 05-30-2014, 03:46 AM

By the way, anyone who thinks that South County is more racist than the Inland Empire is either lying, has an odd definition of racism/racist, or naive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County