Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2014, 03:00 PM

10 posts, read 14,290 times

Advertisements

Thanks in advance for your help. I appreciate it.

My daughter is thinking of living on Nancy Dr. which is just NorthEast of Heil and Gothard. It is just south- but walking distance- to Sun View park. I live 2000 miles away and I am trying to help her as much as I can. She met a nice couple that said that general area and apartments around there may not be too safe.

I looked online and there was a Dicks Sporting Goods and a Whole Foods just north of that area. They don't normally build in bad areas.

Any advice at all would greatly help.

Thnx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2014, 03:32 PM

2,821 posts, read 3,537,463 times
I had family in that neighborhood, its plenty safe.

Old 05-24-2014, 05:55 PM

4,538 posts, read 10,627,657 times
Everywhere in HB is safe.

People claim "slater slums" is bad, but when I posted a few years back that I'd spend all night in a sleeping bag there, if someone would spend just 30 minutes in the neighborhood/time of my choosing in LA County, there were no takers.

Old 05-27-2014, 02:10 PM

5,888 posts, read 13,005,312 times
HB is generally safe. Even our "Slums" look better than the "good parts" of some cities.

Although its in the area that I define as "iffy" (between Beach, Gothard, Slater and Edinger) She'll be safe. It's a nice residential neighborhood.

Old 05-28-2014, 12:11 AM

1 posts, read 2,013 times
Its a wonderful community, I live on Amazon Drive witch is directly across from our nice little city park and grade school. I have lived here for 4 years and have never had anything bad happen. Also the police patrol our neighborhood very often and anytime I see something shady I report it to the cops and with in minutes and officer is driving by checking out what I called on. Also this city is very clean, for example one time there was graffiti on the brick wall of Sun View park and I called the city up and literally a day later a city worker was out there painting over the graffiti. I love living here and I love keeping it safe and clean by calling the cops and city anytime I notice something isn't right. Well I hope I answered your question.

P.S.- Not to mention I have live in this city my whole life and never plan on moving out!
If you have any further questions for me please feel free to email me @ [email]hbca98@gmail.com[/email], anyone is welcome to email me any questions about the city and what not after all I used to work for the city. Thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County