Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 03:15 PM

2 posts, read 7,162 times

Advertisements

[I quote=mrwumpus;3936422]It's a GREAT place compared to what, Mexico? But for people like me, who grew up in Buena Park in the 70s, it is not nearly as great a place as it was. Why? Primarily because of more Hispanic gangs and more illegal aliens.

I remember riding my bike miles to the Buena Park Mall when I was 10 years old. Never had any problems. Now you read about kids being shot off their bikes, and surprise, the Hispanic gangs strike again. Try reading the 300+ comments about that Buena Park story here and tell me why you want your children growing up and going to school there today (assuming you don't come from somewhere that is much worse than this):

Teen riding bicycle is shot to death - [domain blocked due to spam]

Of course I know that not all Hispanics contribute to these problems. But it would be extremely refreshing if the large population of legal, law-abiding American citizens of Hispanic descent would start making some noise, start demonstrating against these offenders. They might earn back their good name, which many of them deserve as very hard-working and fun people.[/quote]
Buena Park looks really bad. Its has nothing but gang writings all over the place. If I could I would move. The gangs dont care about anything. They like the neighborhoods looking like trash.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2010, 03:17 PM

2 posts, read 7,162 times
Buena Park now looks like trash. Gang writing everywhere. The gangs dont care about their own neighborhoods.They want it to look like Mexico!

Old 03-03-2010, 05:46 PM

334 posts, read 915,583 times
You've done it, Dr. Frankenstein! The thread has risen! It's alive, ALIVE!

Actually, the most recent shooting by my parents' place was the work of white supremacists, who murdered a man walking home from work for the atrocious crime of being brown.

Yeah, the city has some problems. It has both good parts and bad parts, but to any prospective BP residents, you can probably do better.

Old 03-03-2010, 06:03 PM

1,215 posts, read 2,959,676 times
Good : Better than Compton

Bad : Working class neighborhood (no offense to working class people)
Not very upscale
Terrible mall (I wouldn't shop there, need to drive to South Coast plaza to shop)
Not master planned and clean looking like Irvine etc.
Too many minorities (I'm Asian but I don't like ethnic communities. Even though I'm Vietnamese I would NEVER EVER live in Westminster or Garbage Grove either. I prefer nicer communities. I live in Huntington Beach right now and I like it. If I had more money I would live in Newport Beach, Malibu, Beverly Hills etc)

I would prefer living in a more upscale area. Just because it isn't as bas as Compton or South Central doesn't mean I would want to live there.

Old 10-25-2010, 02:17 PM

1 posts, read 3,225 times
I happen to live in Buena Park though borderline Cypress and La Palma and we have nothing but good to say about this city. We are also a Hispanic family and after reading above comments, I have to say I agree with both sides of this discussion. I believe we as a people can be better every day but also recognize that most of our people are hard working, humble people just wanting to get ahead in life and provide well for their families. Don't judge us all by those that refuse to live a good decent life. They are confused individuals lacking perhaps good upbringing, education and the ambition to live a different life. The problem is not that there isn't an opportunity for anyone to chose to live a better life, it's that they choose not to and eventually whether directly or indirectly, it affects us all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County