Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2014, 09:19 PM

162 posts, read 231,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
I'm new to the forum but just wanted to say hello and welcome! I grew up in north OC (La Habra), but I have lived in Rancho Santa Margarita for 17 years now and Lake Forest for a year before that. We really like this area; hope you do as well!
Thanks! I'm liking it a lot so far, everybody seems really cool and laid back, I haven't met a single person yet that I didn't like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2014, 01:39 PM

1 posts, read 900 times
Congratulations for the new job. Baker Ranch is new and looks nice but it is also very close to Musick Prison and this prison is undergoing an expansion plan too, if it is a concern. I have lived in Irvine, Aliso Viejo and Trabuco Canyon. Irvine is too crowded and expensive with too much academic competition for the kids. Aliso Viejo is crowded, though people are friendly there. Trabuco Canyon has the true suburb feel within 20 minutes drive to Irvine spectrum by 241 toll road. 241 is not that expensive if you have a transponder, less than $2 during peak time to get to Irvine and you save on time and gas. The local shopping is convenient too with the town center. A good place to raise kids. People are happy and friendly here in general. Their elementary and middle schools rank very high. For high school, it is Mission Viejo High. Also high ranking, about 9 miles away but school bus is available for about $350 a year and you save time and mileage in return. Best of all, if you are thinking to buy a house, their mello Roos has expired not long ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County