Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 09:23 PM

2,821 posts, read 3,515,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran66 View Post
Why are you still living there?
...because its so cheap lol. Ive had enough though, moving to Newport soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2014, 11:25 PM

699 posts, read 1,337,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post

So "cheap" partly due to the inexpensive labor pool. Love the cognitive dissonance here.

Old 07-04-2014, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenSky View Post
So "cheap" partly due to the inexpensive labor pool. Love the cognitive dissonance here.
No, it's cheap because it has become an undesireable place to live thanks to all the low income housing, high gang activity, high crime rates and number of illegals living here.

Old 07-14-2014, 03:27 PM

156 posts, read 228,150 times
Well, I just found out that I got the job! So, I guess now this thread just became real life.

After lurking around this forum for quite a while now and doing a lot of my own research, I've decided to come out by myself for a few months and save up a pretty nice sum of money to get the wife and kids out, then rent a place for a while and see what happens.

All the places we've been looking at have been in Lake Forest, Rancho Santa Margarita, Ladera Ranch, Trabuco Canyon, kind of quiet out of the way places, that's probably best for the kids. But I guess I'll revive this thread in a few months if I really have to when we're looking for a place for all of us. My wife's best friend knows a realtor out there who's going to help us out.

Thanks everybody for the advice and pointers.

Old 07-14-2014, 03:55 PM

3,830 posts, read 4,637,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RG1981 View Post
Well, I just found out that I got the job! So, I guess now this thread just became real life.

After lurking around this forum for quite a while now and doing a lot of my own research, I've decided to come out by myself for a few months and save up a pretty nice sum of money to get the wife and kids out, then rent a place for a while and see what happens.

All the places we've been looking at have been in Lake Forest, Rancho Santa Margarita, Ladera Ranch, Trabuco Canyon, kind of quiet out of the way places, that's probably best for the kids. But I guess I'll revive this thread in a few months if I really have to when we're looking for a place for all of us. My wife's best friend knows a realtor out there who's going to help us out.

Congratulations. I hope you enjoy the move.

Old 07-14-2014, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Rofl. First go crying about how expensive it is for families to live in OC and then you say it's cheap. Make up your mind.

Old 07-14-2014, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperionGap View Post
Rofl. First go crying about how expensive it is for families to live in OC and then you say it's cheap. Make up your mind.
She was asking me why I still live in Anaheim, try reading the entire exchange

Old 07-14-2014, 05:24 PM

Quote:
She was asking me why I still live in Anaheim, try reading the entire exchange
No she wasn't. Her reply was to this post where you're bitching about about CA & SoCal. There is no mention of Anaheim. YOU might have thought she was talking about Anaheim, but that is not what was written. She is asking you "why are you living in CA / SoCal" (as opposed to AZ and NV like you laud in your post).
Quote:
Again, CA has the most low income housing in the entire country and its known as the Welfare state by many. If none of that is good enough, move to a cheaper area. These low lives aren't working anyways, so a job isn't holding them here. They need to move to a cheaper area of CA or another state. Living in the 2nd most expensive area in the country if you are broke and don't have a job is beyond stupid. The real reason they stay and live in poverty here (and call me a racist all you want but you know its true) is because SoCal caters to illegals, other states don't. AZ and NV are dirt cheap compared to SoCal, but they don't roll out the red carpet for illegals like they do here.
I know reading is very difficult for you, but you should give it a try.

Old 07-14-2014, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperionGap View Post
No she wasn't. Her reply was to this post where you're bitching about about CA & SoCal. There is no mention of Anaheim. YOU might have thought she was talking about Anaheim, but that is not what was written. She is asking you "why are you living in CA / SoCal" (as opposed to AZ and NV like you laud in your post).

I know reading is very difficult for you, but you should give it a try.
Why are you so obsessed with me kid? Read the ENTIRE exchange

Old 07-15-2014, 12:35 PM

214 posts, read 1,080,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RG1981 View Post

Awesome, welcome! Check out Baker Ranch - it is very, very close to Irvine and nice, new.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County