Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2014, 08:28 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,481,533 times

Advertisements

Now let me first say, crime appears worse in Santa Ana than when I left 10 years ago. And yes parts of Anaheim have the gang issues as well.

If you stop and look at the threads in OC, frankly most of them are so boring and mundane ie. which is better north or south, where should i live for my commute to irvine, blah blah.

If crime was so bad in OC, don't you think there would be more interesting threads?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2014, 08:31 PM
ka8

50 posts, read 94,769 times
OC is better for now because it's much newer. Give it another decade or two it'll only get worse from here.

Old 07-10-2014, 12:15 AM

1,424 posts, read 2,488,540 times
Actually...it appears things are getting better - for the most part. I've heard stories of yesteryear when certain cities used to have daily drive bys, and cities like Los Alamitos were meth central. 0_o

Old 07-10-2014, 12:38 AM

2,821 posts, read 3,537,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ka8 View Post
OC is better for now because it's much newer. Give it another decade or two it'll only get worse from here.
That has zero to do with it. Most violent crimes are committed by poor minorities. Poor minorities can't afford OC. The ones that can live in Santa Ana and Anaheim, the areas with the highest crime.

Old 07-10-2014, 07:47 AM

2,634 posts, read 3,693,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post
That has zero to do with it. Most violent crimes are committed by poor minorities. Poor minorities can't afford OC. The ones that can live in Santa Ana and Anaheim, the areas with the highest crime.
Do you own a harp? I think so.

Old 07-10-2014, 09:13 AM

2,634 posts, read 3,693,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teckeeee View Post
Now let me first say, crime appears worse in Santa Ana than when I left 10 years ago. And yes parts of Anaheim have the gang issues as well.

If you stop and look at the threads in OC, frankly most of them are so boring and mundane ie. which is better north or south, where should i live for my commute to irvine, blah blah.

If crime was so bad in OC, don't you think there would be more interesting threads?
The vast majority of people in OC live their whole lives without experiencing violent crime personally. (I'm not taking domestic violence into consideration.) According to stats (whatever they are good for), there is even less crime in OC now than there was in the past. All in all, OC and SD are very good places to live. And Paradise doesn't exist. Well, come to think of it, compared to Detroit (Michigan), OC and SD are Paradise (crime wise).

Old 07-10-2014, 09:27 AM

1,424 posts, read 2,488,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post
Poor anyone can't afford O.C. (which is why a lot of the white middle and working classes are moving to other states like Oregon, Arizona and Texas; blacks are going back to the south; Latinos to other southwestern states). Why must you continue to conflate ethnicity, social class, education (lack of) and crime? You're so simple minded that you basically think : poor + brown = violent. smh. Go read a couple books and stop using your life 'experience' as an end all to what is reality.

Old 07-10-2014, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudyOD View Post
Poor anyone can't afford O.C. (which is why a lot of the white middle and working classes are moving to other states like Oregon, Arizona and Texas; blacks are going back to the south; Latinos to other southwestern states). Why must you continue to conflate ethnicity, social class, education (lack of) and crime? You're so simple minded that you basically think : poor + brown = violent. smh. Go read a couple books and stop using your life 'experience' as an end all to what is reality.
Because it's true and I have facts to back it up. Would you like me to post the statistics once again to prove it? I can.

Old 07-10-2014, 11:47 AM

3,830 posts, read 4,662,889 times
No you can't. You're just a bigot. Get over it and move on.

Old 07-10-2014, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperionGap View Post
No you can't. You're just a bigot. Get over it and move on.
Educate yourself....

California: The Color of Crime | Occidental Dissent

The Top 10 Most Startling Facts About People of Color and Criminal Justice in the United States | Center for American Progress
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County