Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2014, 10:31 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,433,566 times

Advertisements

My wife is entertaining a job offer in Costa Mesa, it's looking serious. So we may be heading back after 7 years away.

I am preparing my moving list and could use some help reviewing it:

1) Late Model Black BMW
2) Wife has a new rack (hence how she got the job).
3) Matching black workout clothes for jogs on the beach.
4) Teeth Whitening kit
5) Cosmetic Surgeon Appointment
6) Guide to In and Out off the menu
7) 27 pairs of vans
8) Pocket full of cash for a down-payment on McMansion
9) Map of non-mello roos real estate
10) Lot's of attitude...(were ready to say hi and talk about your mom after you walk away)
11) Vintage Balboa Bars

Did I miss anything?

Seriously... we are thinking Mission or Aliso since that's where our daughter was born and we need good schools. Can anyone recommend some newer areas that are cool?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2014, 11:03 PM

1,224 posts, read 1,815,249 times
You forgot lots of sun block. Keep a bottle in the car at all times.

You can't go wrong in South OC. MV, AV, Lake Forest, RSM, Wagon Wheel, Laguna Hills, and Laguna Niguel are all good. You're moving back at a time when real estate prices have sort of exploded unfortunately.

There is a new development called Rancho Mission Viejo. All new homes, somewhat okay prices. Have you checked out their website?

New Homes in Mission Viejo, San Juan Capistrano, Dana Point, Laguna Beach and San Clemente - Rancho Mission Viejo

Old 08-08-2014, 11:12 PM

4,108 posts, read 10,754,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExeterMedia View Post

You can't go wrong in South OC. MV, AV, Lake Forest, RSM, Wagon Wheel, Laguna Hills, and Laguna Niguel are all good. You're moving back at a time when real estate prices have sort of exploded unfortunately.

There is a new development called Rancho Mission Viejo. All new homes, somewhat okay prices. Have you checked out their website?

New Homes in Mission Viejo, San Juan Capistrano, Dana Point, Laguna Beach and San Clemente - Rancho Mission Viejo
Yeah, I worked with an agency for a few months doing some of the planning and oversight work for RMV. That place is not only about to take off in a huge way, it will greatly change that wedge of south OC. And that also might be the last of newly-built, middle- to upper-middle class housing (as in, a family with an income of only $120k can afford to comfortably buy) we see built en masse here in OC.

Old 08-09-2014, 12:41 AM

5,381 posts, read 8,639,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
My wife is entertaining a job offer in Costa Mesa, it's looking serious. So we may be heading back after 7 years away.

1) Late Model Black BMW
4) Teeth Whitening kit
7) 27 pairs of vans
10) Lot's of attitude...(were ready to say hi and talk about your mom after you walk away)
11) Vintage Balboa Bars

Did I miss anything?

Seriously... we are thinking Mission or Aliso since that's where our daughter was born and we need good schools. Can anyone recommend some newer areas that are cool?
Oh, yeah!

1. Complain about the "sweltering heat" whenever the temp goes above 73 degrees. Don't forget to demand a refund from Mother Nature since it certainly wasn't what you were expecting. After all, you pay a lot to live here!
2. Move close to the coast, and then cry a river over the "June Gloom."
3. Don't forget to place a license plate frame on the beemer. It should read, "Oh, this lil' thing? My GOOD car is in my garage."
4. If you've got three, rename your kids, "Ian, Biff and Buffy."
5. Buy tons of stock in Clairol Born Blond.
6. Make standing, as in daily, reservations for Fido at the Pet Hotel.
7. Learn to b#@ch about the horrors of living in an HOA, while hiding the fact that you are secretly attracted to uniformly clean streets, landscaped medians and manicured lawns.

Old 08-09-2014, 08:45 AM

9,808 posts, read 11,060,638 times
Wait...you mean they are not all natural blondes here?

Old 08-09-2014, 01:33 PM

Quote:

Looks nice, but it might be too far south for a commute to Costa Mesa - South Coast Plaza area. I'll check it out though. The proximity to San Clemente beach is nice!

Old 08-09-2014, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacific2 View Post
Oh, yeah!

1. Complain about the "sweltering heat" whenever the temp goes above 73 degrees. Don't forget to demand a refund from Mother Nature since it certainly wasn't what you were expecting. After all, you pay a lot to live here!
2. Move close to the coast, and then cry a river over the "June Gloom."
3. Don't forget to place a license plate frame on the beemer. It should read, "Oh, this lil' thing? My GOOD car is in my garage."
4. If you've got three, rename your kids, "Ian, Biff and Buffy."
5. Buy tons of stock in Clairol Born Blond.
6. Make standing, as in daily, reservations for Fido at the Pet Hotel.
7. Learn to b#@ch about the horrors of living in an HOA, while hiding the fact that you are secretly attracted to uniformly clean streets, landscaped medians and manicured lawns.
Nope already have my license plate planned out:

"LADY B8T"

Old 08-10-2014, 04:18 AM

3,841 posts, read 4,491,917 times
Quote:

After looking at that website, I'd suggest the OP bring his perpetual ever lasting smile, (wouldn't want to waste that tooth whitener kit now would ya) and a good hose to keep your driveway always looking wet.

Old 08-10-2014, 12:07 PM

1,224 posts, read 1,815,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podo944 View Post
After looking at that website, I'd suggest the OP bring his perpetual ever lasting smile, (wouldn't want to waste that tooth whitener kit now would ya) and a good hose to keep your driveway always looking wet.
I do that every morning. Nothing like seeing the reflection of a McMansion in the morning sun. Then I take pictures of the driveway so my friends in Northern California can see how we're putting their water to good use.

Old 08-10-2014, 05:37 PM

3,147 posts, read 3,842,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post

1) Late Model Black BMW
4) Teeth Whitening kit
7) 27 pairs of vans
11) Vintage Balboa Bars

Did I miss anything?

Hair plugs?
Pec implants?
Spray on tan?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County