Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2014, 10:41 PM

2 posts, read 2,685 times

Advertisements

Hey All,

I'm a recent college grad who just moved to the OC and working in El Segundo. After driving there for half a year, I got tired of doing the commute to El Segundo every day. There's always traffic/accidents on the 405 and 90, so it takes more than an hour to get there/come back.

Does anyone here carpool/vanpool there? I tried go511, but no one really seems to be active on it anymore.
If not, I'm thinking about organizing my own carpool there, so that at least we could split the cost/ease the burden of driving. If I organized my own, would anyone be interested in joining?

Anyways, looking forward to connecting and being active on this forum! You can also reach me at ender.d.lian [at] gmail [dot] com if you have any insights or are interested.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2014, 11:28 PM

823 posts, read 1,784,001 times
good luck finding a people to carpool with. I wouldn't like to commute that long every day. My husband goes from Garden Grove to Culver City (past El Segundo), but he gets to leave late. It still takes him 45 mins, I think.

Maybe you should post this in the LA forum in case someone in Long Beach would like to join your carpool. Actually, a friend of mine in Long Beach makes that commute up the 405...to maybe El Segundo.

Take care.

Old 10-07-2014, 11:58 PM

2 posts, read 2,685 times
Thanks for the advice russlancea. I'll definitely post in the LA forum as well to see if anyone is doing carpools/interested in joining one.

Old 10-10-2014, 08:51 PM

471 posts, read 1,829,798 times
Try vanpool.com, erideshare.com, vride.com, carpoolworld.com. Contrary to unpopular belief people do travel a a ways to work as well as carpool/vanpool.

Old 03-15-2016, 12:27 PM

329 posts, read 656,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hleones View Post
Hey All,

I'm a recent college grad who just moved to the OC and working in El Segundo. After driving there for half a year, I got tired of doing the commute to El Segundo every day. There's always traffic/accidents on the 405 and 90, so it takes more than an hour to get there/come back.

Does anyone here carpool/vanpool there? I tried go511, but no one really seems to be active on it anymore.
If not, I'm thinking about organizing my own carpool there, so that at least we could split the cost/ease the burden of driving. If I organized my own, would anyone be interested in joining?

Anyways, looking forward to connecting and being active on this forum! You can also reach me at ender.d.lian [at] gmail [dot] com if you have any insights or are interested.
Have you formed or joined any car/vanpool to El segundo?

I'm in Irvine and looking to see if there are options to El segundo.

Whats your morning and evening start and leave times?

Old 03-18-2016, 10:26 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,750,608 times
There is a Park and Ride near Fullerton. But check Vride.

Old 03-18-2016, 11:58 PM

329 posts, read 627,689 times
You can afford to live in OC can't you afford to live in El Segundo? I interviewed for a job in El Segundo myself and not looking forward to the commute. Morning will be ok because work starts at 6am but problem is the afternoon and I live relatively close where 605/105. One option is for me to take metro from norwalk station all the way to El Segundo

Old 03-19-2016, 05:16 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,750,608 times
You have to get to the metro early, otherwise all the parking a spaces will be gone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County