Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 12:50 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,378,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podo944 View Post

A couple of months ago I heard the "ghetto bird" twirling above
Ghetto bird is twirling above my house again right now. I worked from 4am-11am this morning and come home to relax with a loud helicopter hovering RIGHT above my neighborhood
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2015, 01:15 PM

Ghetto bird flying over El Toro right now, above the shopping area near home depot.

Old 04-02-2015, 01:23 AM

Ghetto bird hovering over the neighborhood again right now. Is this South OC or East LA?

Old 04-02-2015, 07:59 AM

14,299 posts, read 11,681,163 times
Are you going to post every time a helicopter comes by? I don't know what's up with your neighborhood! I am not very far away and they're not hovering over me.

Old 04-02-2015, 08:50 AM

117 posts, read 238,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
Are you going to post every time a helicopter comes by? I don't know what's up with your neighborhood! I am not very far away and they're not hovering over me.
OP works nights. I have a friend who is in construction and works the grave yard shift. The shift destroyed his circadian rhythm and now he can't sleep with a slightest noise present. The lack of sleep made him irritable and no fun to be around.

Old 04-02-2015, 09:50 AM

14,299 posts, read 11,681,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamsifoes View Post
OP works nights. I have a friend who is in construction and works the grave yard shift. The shift destroyed his circadian rhythm and now he can't sleep with a slightest noise present. The lack of sleep made him irritable and no fun to be around.
I had trouble sleeping for a large part of my adult life, too. The answer? A good pair of earplugs. Totally changed my life for the better. I highly recommend them.

Old 04-02-2015, 09:54 AM

3,437 posts, read 3,284,816 times
i live in Portola Hills and don't see/hear any chopper hovering unlike in Anaheim where no week pass without the chopper hovering our neighborhool

Old 04-03-2015, 12:51 AM

671 posts, read 1,189,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
Yes, the paramedics are always accompanied by a fire truck with sirens blaring here too.
Actually it is the FIRE fighters who are the paramedics and the private ambulance that trails along is their to TRANSPORT ONLY, if necessary (often the ambulance personal assist the Fire paramedics with lifting or gracefully getting a patient out of a small room, etc.). This in an old legacy from LA County's compromise to be the first in the nation to provide PARAMEDIC services. It really was just like on the old TV Show Emergency, but paramedic services ONLY, not transport, and that is because private ambulance companies feared losing lots of money, so the conservatives who dominated the Board back then saw to it the private ambulance companies would NOT oppose the first ever paramedic operations and the private ambulance companies continued to make money.

Now, LA City Fire is both paramedic services AND transport, BUT City Fire is looking to use the LA County Fire model and just provide paramedic services. This is because City Fire paramedics spend so much time WAITING at crowded hospitals and can NOT leave until the patient is officially transferred to the hospital's responsibility and the hospital emergency room is too busy to take the new patient in right away, so lots of waiting and lots of paperwork and WAITING. This has resulted in paramedics tied up in Hospital emergency rooms and NOT out back on the streets for more calls, and the City aint in a mood to add a lot of new paramedics to make up for the wasted time at hospitals. So, in the end with our over run hospital system, LA County's model seems best for today's reality although it seems like inefficiency or waste.

Old 04-09-2015, 01:33 AM

30 posts, read 66,582 times
The safest city in Orange County will have to be Irvine. You still get pockets of Mexican neighborhoods / low income housing in Lake Forest and Mission Viejo. It's still relatively safe, but not the safest, but I wouldn't worry about getting mugged or anything. Also, there are more retired folks and senior citizens which might explain the sirens you hear.

Old 04-09-2015, 01:42 AM

5,381 posts, read 8,684,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewdestunitmover View Post
The safest city in Orange County will have to be Irvine. You still get pockets of Mexican neighborhoods / low income housing in Lake Forest and Mission Viejo. It's still relatively safe, but not the safest, but I wouldn't worry about getting mugged or anything. Also, there are more retired folks and senior citizens which might explain the sirens you hear.
Irvine is not the safest city in Orange County. Checkout the #2 and #4 spots on this list of California's safest cities. They're in OC and neither is Irvine.
The 50 Safest Cities in California - SafeWise
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County