Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2015, 01:03 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,139,459 times

Advertisements

Here we are, another beautiful weekend. But what about the traffic? It seems to be worst in south OC on the weekends. And look at the 133!

Thankfully people are coming to visit me, and not the reverse.

Look at the LA region. I do not see worse traffic anywhere. I also included north San Diego. That area looks like it has some traffic too, but not as bad as south OC. Ouch.

I see some in La Mirada and the usual places like Corona.
Attached Thumbnails
Unimaginable traffic levels in South OC-south-orange-county-traffic.jpg   Unimaginable traffic levels in South OC-north-san-diego-county-southbound-traffic.jpg   Unimaginable traffic levels in South OC-south-county-worst..jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2015, 01:14 PM

14,303 posts, read 11,692,440 times
It's unusually warm and everyone is heading to the beach. Says a lot about the beautiful beaches in South OC .

Old 03-07-2015, 05:50 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,085,662 times
Ewwwww. I agree that it's probably from people going to the beach due to the ridiculous heat.

Old 03-07-2015, 06:31 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,392,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psr13 View Post
Ewwwww. I agree that it's probably from people going to the beach due to the ridiculous heat.
And not finding parking.

Old 03-07-2015, 07:29 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,139,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psr13 View Post
The weather today was perfect for swimming, though it got a bit cold in the afternoon.

I think the traffic is becoming so bad in south OC that it is getting crippling on the 5 after 9 AM on Saturday. Paradoxically, it is much easier to get into LBC and LA. I can go north and avoid a lot of traffic taking the 73. But the 5 is getting so choked down here that it is making it difficult to see relatives in San Diego county.

Old 03-08-2015, 04:12 PM

347 posts, read 666,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
It's unusually warm and everyone is heading to the beach. Says a lot about the beautiful beaches in South OC .
North OC beaches get many more visitors. Difference? South County has only a couple of roads leading to the beaches while North OC is has the flexible grid system with more options.

Old 03-08-2015, 04:38 PM

14,303 posts, read 11,692,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Planner View Post
South County has only a couple of roads leading to the beaches while North OC is has the flexible grid system with more options.
Certainly true. Back in the 1970s, we lived in La Habra and my grandmother was in Laguna Beach, so we visited often. There was no "133," but Laguna Canyon Rd. was horrible all summer long. Couldn't count the hours we sat in bumper-to-bumper traffic trying to get in or out of Laguna Beach.

Getting to Huntington Beach, by comparison, was a piece of cake. Beach Blvd. was the direct route, but we had the options of Magnolia, Brookhurst, etc.

Old 03-08-2015, 05:30 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,479,644 times
Pros and cons of South OC.

133 in the summer

Old 03-08-2015, 05:54 PM

5,381 posts, read 8,686,290 times
In the midst of summer when traffic going into Laguna Beach is really ugly, it backs up to El Toro and Aliso Creek Rd in AV.

That's when it's time to stay away from LB.

Old 03-08-2015, 05:58 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,392,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
Certainly true. Back in the 1970s, we lived in La Habra and my grandmother was in Laguna Beach, so we visited often. There was no "133," but Laguna Canyon Rd. was horrible all summer long. Couldn't count the hours we sat in bumper-to-bumper traffic trying to get in or out of Laguna Beach.

Getting to Huntington Beach, by comparison, was a piece of cake. Beach Blvd. was the direct route, but we had the options of Magnolia, Brookhurst, etc.
When I lived in Costa mesa the traffic would back up from Newport beach to about Hoag Hospital, now it backs up to the freeway exit in the middle of town.Huntington Beach was a breeze to get to on Beach Blvd then. During Bal Week (Easter vacation) we would take a car down onto the peninsula in the day and park it as they closed the road onto the peninsula to residents (Home/motel/hotel) only in the evenings, so we would walk to the car and then cruise. Last time I was there it was a mess and once near the beach no parking until all the way to the Balboa pier. A mess. Even Huntington was crowded. We found a small beach (County/State) that was rarely crowded just past Dana Point and went there a lot before we moved out of State. Just as bad in SD as we used to go there a lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County