Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2015, 03:01 PM

5 posts, read 7,412 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I am looking for apt referrals for Aliso Viejo. My "must haves" are:

Quiet Community
Not a lot of kids
Dogs ok as long as people clean up after them
Nice landscape
Spacious 1 bedroom floorplan
Upgrades
Close to shops, dining, freeway
Ample guest parking
And not huge rent increases

Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2015, 07:46 PM

5,381 posts, read 8,686,290 times
Aliso Viejo is a very small city and, from what I've seen, the apartment complexes really don't seem to differ that much from one another. With the exception of being "Close to shops, dining, freeway" and "not huge rent increases," most probably fit your criteria.

My suggestion, if you haven't done so already, is to drive around the city, and then walk around a couple of complexes that interest you. Ask tenants how they like living there.

BTW, AV is setup using a town center model, and most of us have to drive to a central location for local shopping, etc. Exceptions include those who live at City Lights and St. Moritz.

City Lights is attractive, but it used to have a "party central" reputation. I don't know if that's still true. St. Moritz is directly across the street from Town Center, and I believe they offer townhouse rentals, as well as single level units. FWIW, a neighbor of mine once stayed there after he sold his home and was waiting to find a new one to buy, and he liked it.

I have also noticed that some people who live at Vantis, up on the hill above Town Center, make the trek down. But, those units are primarily new townhouses/condos, and there is no apartment complex up there. Still, I'm sure that some of them are rentals.

I once leased a unit from Alicante and was satisfied, but that was years ago, and I chose it primarily because it allowed big dogs.

Regarding freeway access, we are fortunate in that the 5 does not cut through the city. You just make the short trip there using either Alicia Parkway, Moulton, El Toro, or, if you don't mind tolls, the 73.

About rent increases, perhaps some developments are known for keeping increases pretty small from year to year, I don't know. Landlords are, of course, in the business of making money, and vacancy rates are low, so they will likely do what the market will bear. Some are even using software to help determine the optimum time for a rent increase.

Sorry for being so long-winded, but I hope this helps. Maybe someone else will give a more concise reply.

Old 03-15-2015, 08:03 PM

5 posts, read 7,412 times
Thank you it helps alot. I am relocating from Irvine. I have lived here for years, however the rent increases have become increasingly steep and the demographics have changed considerably.

Thanks again!

Old 03-21-2015, 04:46 PM

3,886 posts, read 4,539,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa Hall View Post
Hello,

I am looking for apt referrals for Aliso Viejo. My "must haves" are:

Quiet Community
Not a lot of kids
Dogs ok as long as people clean up after them
Nice landscape
Spacious 1 bedroom floorplan
Upgrades
Close to shops, dining, freeway
Ample guest parking
And not huge rent increases

Thanks!!
We lived in the Barcelona Apartments for a few years a while back.
We LOVED the one bedroom we had! Very spacious for a one bedroom and the complex itself was pretty nice. No extreme noise issues that we could tell, it helped we were on the third floor, so no footsteps above.

AV apartments aren't going to be cheap, but maybe a little better than Irvine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County