Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2015, 08:05 PM

5,888 posts, read 12,942,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydgurl23 View Post
DinsdalePirahna- thanks we have been actually researching Huntington Beach and Long Beach as possible areas to live. Any insight on neighborhoods withing Hunting Beach? I know there's a ton of rental complexes...any thoughts on which ones to go for ? I'll be in orange county next week and would love to go out and take a look at some place to see realistically what is possible.
Thanks!
My advice is to get on a bike or walk the neighborhoods. Stay away from the big complexes and maybe look for a condo unit to rent.
even our worse neighborhoods are not that bad ( but I would stilla void the area bordered by Slater, Beach, Gothard and Edinger)

A good rule of thumbs is to stay within 2 miles of Pacific Coast Highway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2015, 08:09 AM

2,222 posts, read 2,328,044 times
This website is your best friend when commuting in Southern Calif.
If you check it at different hours that you would be on the freeways. you can get the feel of the pulse of driving here.
Unfortunately, there's a lot of people who think that they're in a "Fast and Furious" movie and get the herds riled up to a simmering road rage daily.

Sigalert.com Los Angeles Traffic Map

Old 04-13-2015, 11:29 AM

3,439 posts, read 3,258,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by racing2015 View Post
North County (Cypress) - nice location. I would try a short-term lease as close to work as possible even if that means venturing even further North to Fullerton or Eastward towards Long Beach (LA County).

The drive is what it is - Interstate 5 to LA proper, 405 to LAX (N) and SNA (S).

When you come back for a visit, give Mobtown Pizza in Aliso Viejo a try if you get homesick for NY style pizza. Right by a movie theater too in Aliso Viejo's Town Center.
try La Palma or Cerritos..they are just like cities in South OC

Old 04-14-2015, 03:25 PM

6 posts, read 4,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by payutenyodagimas View Post
try La Palma or Cerritos..they are just like cities in South OC
I read somewhere Cerritos was a little shady and to stay away...not sure how true that is. But La Palma I read was good place to live.

Old 04-14-2015, 03:35 PM

231 posts, read 399,451 times
If you leave, don't come back. You're either a New Yorker or a Californian, the line is drawn in the sand.

Old 04-14-2015, 06:46 PM

9,810 posts, read 11,056,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StatenIslandJake1995 View Post
If you leave, don't come back. You're either a New Yorker or a Californian, the line is drawn in the sand.
Well that's funny as it seems so many wealthy people have residences in both.

Old 04-17-2015, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIJ95 View Post
well you're just a bundle of joy ..arent you??? its ok . i feel bad for ppl who think one way .. thats not living life.

Old 08-23-2015, 12:12 PM

Where are these good pizza shops in hb? Can't find a pizza or bagel that tastes like Ny . Anyone have suggestions ?

Old 08-23-2015, 04:52 PM

5,888 posts, read 12,942,898 times
The best HB pizza shop is La Roccos Downtown HB, on 11th and Orange... About the closest you are going to get to NY/NJ pizza in OC - attitude and all.

My go to place for Calzones is Kings in the 99 cent store plaza on Edinger and Springdale

You ain't gonna find good bagels around here. JJs in the Vons plaza on Edinger and Springdale are about as good as it gets

Old 08-24-2015, 09:08 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,246,162 times
For bagels, you're out of luck.

For NY-style pizza, Johnnys (locations in NB, CDM and Irvine) is probably closest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County