Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 01:43 PM

38 posts, read 92,496 times

Advertisements

Hello, I wonder if somebody had similar problem and hopefully solved it
My neighbors build race cars in their garage - according to the city it's not business although I think it is - they told the city it's their hobby (and they started a few years AFTER we moved there)
They have RV with semi size engine tat they park in their driveway, on weekends they park on the street and the space between the RV and their house, driveway, garage become their playground. The street is full of trucks, they use power tools, they yell at each other, power washers etc
If they come back from race in the middle of the night the engine will wake you up for sure, it's a lot of backing up, same noise as semi truck
They act as they own the street
Has anybody have similar problem? Advice how to deal with it effectively? Thank you

Last edited by hb92647; 03-29-2015 at 08:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2015, 01:52 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,479,644 times
I would start with calling the police.

I assume you already tried to have a friendly chat and that did nothing.

If the police can't help you I would record them on video and audio to prove they are breaking laws and sue them if the authorities can't/won't help.

Old 03-29-2015, 02:08 PM

384 posts, read 734,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hb92647 View Post
Advice how to deal with it effectively? Thank you
yes, its very simple. You talk to them

Old 03-29-2015, 02:12 PM

Unfortunately the police would have to be here in the middle of the night when they are trying to park
They can park on the street for limited hours
They do it on weekends let's say half a day on Saturday half a day on Sunday ... plus the parking in the middle of the night several times a week
I would have to talk to city council and try to get the ordinance changed (limit engine size or something like that)
I talk to them, they don't care, they are very arrogant, they don't care about how it affects the neighbors
I am shocked I am the only one from immediate neighbors complaining

Old 03-29-2015, 03:51 PM

384 posts, read 734,497 times
Okay they do it on the weekends, so what is the problem?

Old 03-29-2015, 05:30 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,395,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veritasveritas View Post
Okay they do it on the weekends, so what is the problem?
But using power tools, why how dare they.

Seems like someone who does not accept anyone doing anything except what they like and that is it. Wow they build race cars for pleasure and ...

Old 03-29-2015, 05:35 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hb92647 View Post
Hello, I wonder if somebody had similar problem and hopefully solved it
My neighbors build race cars in their garage - according to the city it's not business although I think it is - they told the city it's their hobby (and they started a few years AFTER we moved there)
They have RV with semi size engine tat they park in their driveway, on weekends they park on the street and the space between the RV and their house, driveway, garage become their playground. The street is full of trucks, they use power tools, they yell at each other, power washers etc
If they come back from race in the middle of the night the engine will wake you up for sure, it's a lot of backing up, same noise as semi truck
They act as they own the street
Has anybody have similar problem? Advice how to deal with it effectively? Thank you

Did you ask them if you could post photos of their home with the number painted on the curb and their vehicle on the internet?

Call the police and report a noise violation or deal with it.
Building race cars is not against the law and as long as they only build of themselves it is not a business either.
An RV with a "semi" size motor is more than like a diesel engine in the RV which is not the same size as an actual Semi Truck Motor.

Old 03-29-2015, 05:38 PM

10,075 posts, read 7,540,508 times
I'm going to bring it up, but are you sure you don't dislike them for other reasons and are using the car hobby as an excuse to hate on them? Do the other neighbors get bothered by it?

Old 03-29-2015, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
I'm going to bring it up, but are you sure you don't dislike them for other reasons and are using the car hobby as an excuse to hate on them? Do the other neighbors get bothered by it?
No!!! There was no problem here for years before they build oversized garage and started using the street as they work area! Just way too much noise

Old 03-29-2015, 09:01 PM

size of RV
Attached Thumbnails
RV with the semi size engine-img_3678-1-copy.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County