Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 07:30 PM

13,824 posts, read 29,788,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belldandy07 View Post
Hello. I need to take up your way of positive thinking. Every city has its bad blotches, I know, and I try so hard not to focus on them, but sometimes its painfully hard, especially due to me and my family's financial state. Its a great comfort to be able to relate to someone, even just one person, that's not smitten with Anaheim or even OC.
I'm not smitten with either. I'd have a hard time considering living within the Orange Curtain even if tens of millions of dollars fell in my lap.

I don't blame people for loving it. Some are natives who have never had a taste of anything else. Some are satisfied, and truly couldn't imagine being anywhere else. Some feel like they've "made it" by living in OC. Honestly, probably very few people hate it. If one isn't struggling to get by, it probably is an ideal place to live for a large segment of people.

If you want out bad enough, you'll find a way. I'm an Inland Empire native and couldn't wait to leave the place. Now, 10+ years gone, I am constantly homesick.

Now, I don't know that "Anaheim" and "pretty" ever belonged in the same sentence (even when considering the Hills), but I guess it could be on a clear January day after some of the surrounding mountains got some snow. Aside from the suburban Hills, it's mostly flat, looks like the rest of urban SoCal (for better and worse), and aside from Disney, the Big A, and the Pond, is probably less exciting than both Orange and Santa Ana.

Old 04-10-2015, 05:31 AM

1,962 posts, read 4,458,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legal_eagle View Post
All of the OC burbs are basically the same. (I'm a native so I know I'm right.)
Nope.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2015, 09:45 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,004,352 times
Quote:
Trash lines the very street we live on so badly its like a trash dump.
Congratulations. You piked the one and only street in Anaheim that the street sweeper misses. That's a heck of an achievement.

To make it even more awesome, you'll never get a ticket for parking on the street during street sweeping hours. Lucky you!

Old 04-11-2015, 09:38 AM

768 posts, read 713,808 times
Here's another person who does not think Anaheim is a great place to live. I lived in Seal Beach, which is a highly desirable place to live & I still was anxious to get out of all of California. I liked it so much better when there were orange & lemon groves everywhere & the school system was stellar. Now it seems like one big piece of concrete, with the exception of a few oasis, covered in that monotone yellow/brown haze that almost never leaves anymore.

Anaheim Hills is a very nice place to live. But considering where it is, I think it should have been named Yorba Linda Hills. I know it's part of the city of Anaheim, but they are two entirely different places.

The other problem with Anaheim, unless it's been cleaned up, is the many seedy, drug motels that exist there. I liked to go to Anaheim for an Angel game. I got tired of Disneyland & miss the trams. Lol!

One question OP... did you buy your house sight unseen? I have a hard time believing it went downhill to the extent you describe in three years.

Old 04-11-2015, 06:14 PM

97 posts, read 161,700 times
I just want to know who the heck ever said Anaheim was pretty? Long time resident and I have never though of Anaheim being pretty. It's basically a very huge city in terms of square footage that consists of run down apartment to million dollar homes. It just depends on which part of Anaheim one has gone to.

Old 04-15-2015, 10:50 PM

471 posts, read 597,897 times
Anaheim is a city with good and bad like any other city.

I think it is still better than 95% of cities you could find. But I guess everyone has their own taste.

I happen to like disneyland, I like garden grove, orange, and parts of Santa Ana.

From the sea to the Santa Ana mountains, I love Orange County, one of the best places on earth.

I'm thankful everyday that I have the opportunity to live here.

Be well!

Old 04-15-2015, 11:03 PM

347 posts, read 663,228 times
Lol who the hell do you hang out with? Sounds like the problem is the people you hang with not the City.

Old 04-15-2015, 11:19 PM

1,220 posts, read 1,583,411 times
Quote:
Cigarettes back the bulk of the economy.
OMG CIG SMOKERS RUN FOR YOUR LIVES. People with petty complains like that will never ever ever be satisfiable.

Old 04-15-2015, 11:22 PM

9,810 posts, read 11,056,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenZephyr View Post
Anaheim is a city with good and bad like any other city.

I think it is still better than 95% of cities you could find. But I guess everyone has their own taste.

I happen to like disneyland, I like garden grove, orange, and parts of Santa Ana.

From the sea to the Santa Ana mountains, I love Orange County, one of the best places on earth.

I'm thankful everyday that I have the opportunity to live here.

Be well!
Agreed.

Old 04-15-2015, 11:32 PM

1,220 posts, read 1,583,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Agreed.
Damn straight.

It beats Arizona LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County