Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 05:09 PM

30 posts, read 66,298 times

Advertisements

who the hell ever said anaheim was pretty? place is turd city. only anaheim hills is worth living.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2015, 06:42 PM

3,049 posts, read 4,511,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Here's a random residential street in Anaheim:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/An...ab89ab9a2bb160

Yeah, pretty awful

If where you live is filthy, then get some comet, a vaccuum cleaner, some windex, a scrub brush, and start cleaning And I think the people in Anaheim Hills would beg to differ with you.

Overall, I don't think Anaheim is bad. Sure, bad pockets. But overall, nothing to complain about. I lived in Orange and if you picked the one sketch area in the entire city and based your opinion off that, then I suppose you'd hate life.
LOL!!!!!!

+1 FOR SURE!

Old 04-22-2015, 12:14 PM

879 posts, read 2,848,014 times
I wasn't aware that Anaheim ever had a positive image outside of Anaheim Hills. Maybe a tourist magazine that reads Anaheim/Orange County and shows a pic of Newport? Otherwise I've never seen Anaheim on a best places to live list or featured as a great place to live anywhere. I could be wrong on that...

That said...I don't think it is that bad.

Old 04-22-2015, 12:27 PM

1,424 posts, read 2,472,534 times
Most Anaheim NEIGHBORHOODS (outside Anaheim Hills) actually look rather decent and well taken care of. I especially enjoy the older parts of the city that have a distinct look.

The main problem with Anaheim is that the major arteries like Lincoln blvd for example, are rather dirty, with motels, liquor stores, trash and unkempt haggard plazas being quite common (not to mention homeless, junkies and other characters). The cool thing is that many of these terrible looking plazas end up having some pretty bomb food. lol French, Ethiopian, Somali, Salvadorian, Mexican, Peruvian, Armenian, Korean, Persian etc restaurants can all be found in these run-down plazas.

Old 04-22-2015, 12:32 PM

1,424 posts, read 2,472,534 times
On a side note...was just browsing through google maps and came across this beauty:

https://www.google.com/maps/@33.8242...k6G2pYPsuA!2e0

Can we get the city to give this homeowner an award for massive curb appeal AND excellent xeriscaping? Seriously...I'm surprised how many people in Southern California hold on to their lawns simply because they are afraid their homes will lose curb appeal (or just lazy, aha). If we start recognizing the homeowners that are doing things right, instead of only fining those that are doing things wrong, we would provide models for people to follow.

Old 04-22-2015, 02:55 PM

13,824 posts, read 29,788,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudyOD View Post
On a side note...was just browsing through google maps and came across this beauty:

Can we get the city to give this homeowner an award for massive curb appeal AND excellent xeriscaping? Seriously...I'm surprised how many people in Southern California hold on to their lawns simply because they are afraid their homes will lose curb appeal (or just lazy, aha). If we start recognizing the homeowners that are doing things right, instead of only fining those that are doing things wrong, we would provide models for people to follow.
Sure looks better than expensive dying grass.

Old 04-22-2015, 06:12 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,004,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudyOD View Post

Can we get the city to give this homeowner an award for massive curb appeal AND excellent xeriscaping?
Here's the group that could do it. They've been doing great work for many years now and they give recognition to homeowners. That's a beautiful home.

http:Anaheim Beautiful

Old 04-23-2015, 05:05 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,101,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
Sure looks better than expensive dying grass.
I'm seeing more of this in Denver too. Although I do like a little grass.

Old 04-23-2015, 05:14 PM

13,824 posts, read 29,788,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
I'm seeing more of this in Denver too. Although I do like a little grass.
I like grass that nature can keep up on its own, at least as it pertains to water.

I'm thinking of polling my neighbors to find out what they like the least, and doing that.

Old 04-23-2015, 06:35 PM

9,810 posts, read 11,056,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boi2socal View Post
i wasn't aware that anaheim ever had a positive image outside of anaheim hills. Maybe a tourist magazine that reads anaheim/orange county and shows a pic of newport? Otherwise i've never seen anaheim on a best places to live list or featured as a great place to live anywhere. I could be wrong on that...

That said...i don't think it is that bad.
agreed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County