Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2015, 08:55 PM

6 posts, read 6,584 times

Advertisements

Hi. I'm jumping the gun a little but but I have 2 interviews this week in Anaheim and in Tustin. Can anyone recommend certain parts of town and possibly apartments for what I am looking for?

- decent single scene for someone my age
- within 30 minutes of Anaheim or Tustin (I really don't know traffic patterns in OC aside from heading N towards LA)
- walking distance to parks or a greenbelt so I can walk my dog (he's a Border Collie so I walk him at least 3x a day)
- apartment with decent size patio (for my dog)
- apartment with a lot of storage space (I love clothing)
- apartment under $1,700 a month for a 1b1b
- apartment with professional residents

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2015, 09:50 PM

3,267 posts, read 3,930,105 times
>> decent single scene for someone my age

Any of the beach cities

>> - apartment with decent size patio (for my dog)
>> - apartment with a lot of storage space (I love clothing)
>> - apartment under $1,700 a month for a 1b1b

None of the beach cities

Old 06-18-2015, 11:10 PM

2,821 posts, read 3,537,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 110711 View Post
Hi. I'm jumping the gun a little but but I have 2 interviews this week in Anaheim and in Tustin. Can anyone recommend certain parts of town and possibly apartments for what I am looking for?

- decent single scene for someone my age
- within 30 minutes of Anaheim or Tustin (I really don't know traffic patterns in OC aside from heading N towards LA)
- walking distance to parks or a greenbelt so I can walk my dog (he's a Border Collie so I walk him at least 3x a day)
- apartment with decent size patio (for my dog)
- apartment with a lot of storage space (I love clothing)
- apartment under $1,700 a month for a 1b1b
- apartment with professional residents

Thank you
Welcome. You can start by looking around in Anaheim and Tustin. Anaheim is the largest city in OC and offers the most to do. Only thing we don't have is a beach. Orange would also be within your budget. As far as professional residents, you are at the very bottom of the budget for OC. You shouldn't expect a nice big complex with big apartments and upscale residents. You are looking at over $2k for something like that.

Old 06-18-2015, 11:37 PM

I don't need a luxurious community with many amenities.

I browsed Craigslist and saw a ton of 1 bedrooms (not studios) within my price range for a 12 month lease throughout OC.

Old 06-19-2015, 12:04 AM

3,267 posts, read 3,930,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 110711 View Post
I don't need a luxurious community with many amenities.

I browsed Craigslist and saw a ton of 1 bedrooms (not studios) within my price range for a 12 month lease throughout OC.
There's your answer.

Old 06-19-2015, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post
There's your answer.
Which would be within 30 minutes of my commute and good for singles? All the beach cities are good for dogs and within 30 minute commutes?

Old 06-19-2015, 11:41 AM

8,452 posts, read 15,038,253 times
Last I heard, only Huntington Beach allows dogs on the beach.

Old 06-19-2015, 12:40 PM

2,821 posts, read 3,537,256 times
If you can find a place near the beach for $1700, jump on it NOW. Extremely rare and your budget doesn't allow you to be picky about wanting to live near the beach and have a short commute too. 1 bedroom apartments are running $1500 a month in the ghettos of Anaheim last time I looked, no idea where you are finding nice apartments that cheap but like I said, jump on it.

Old 06-19-2015, 12:51 PM

2,986 posts, read 4,576,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post
no idea where you are finding nice apartments that cheap but like I said, jump on it.
Scam listings on Craigslist most likely

Old 06-19-2015, 03:51 PM

I don't need to be that close to the beach. It's nice but not a must. I also don't need to take my dog on the beach. I just want there to be park or some grass so I could take him on a a few walks each day.

Craigslist has listed 2,500 1 bedroom apartments in OC that allow dogs that are listed under $1700 a month. Of course some of those are scams, some may be for a roommate situation and pricing per room, or others may actually be for different counties. I assume 70% of them are legit ads.

I just don't really know due to traffic patterns and stuff which would be the best for me. I do not need amenities (except for a patio or balcony) so no luxury building is fine, and being at the beach isn't something I expected to have. A place good for dogs, with not too many sleazy people living in the building, within 30 minutes from Anaheim or Tustin, and in a decent area for under $1700 is all I want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County