Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2015, 03:42 PM

3,830 posts, read 4,670,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post
LOL! Another poster with no clue what they are talking about. Have a look at the OC political landscape. Santa Ana is the ONLY city in the entire county made up of nothing but Democrats. They are also the worst city in the entire county for everything from crime and number of welfare recipients to worst schools and highest unemployment rate. The cleanest, nicest and safest cities in the county (Irvine, Laguna, Newport) are all Republican held offices. Coincidence? I think not.

SANTA ANA MAYOR Miguel Pulido (D) 2016
SANTA ANA CITY COUNCIL, WARD 1 Vince Sarmiento (D) 2016
SANTA ANA CITY COUNCIL, WARD 2 Michele Martinez (D) 2018
SANTA ANA CITY COUNCIL, WARD 3 Angelica Amezcua (D) 2016
SANTA ANA CITY COUNCIL, WARD 4 David Benavides (D) 2018
SANTA ANA CITY COUNCIL, WARD 5 Roman Reyna (D) 2016
SANTA ANA CITY COUNCIL, WARD 6 Sal Tinajero (D) 2018
Didn't someone say you work in economics or something?

Did they teach you about the difference between causation and correlation or is that only for more advanced studies?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2015, 05:03 PM

2,821 posts, read 3,543,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperionGap View Post
Didn't someone say you work in economics or something?

Did they teach you about the difference between causation and correlation or is that only for more advanced studies?
Nope, not me. Lets hear your explanation (read: apologist excuse) though. Why is Santa Ana the worst city in OC for pretty much everything and its the only city with all Democrats across the board? This should be great

Old 06-02-2015, 05:17 PM

3,830 posts, read 4,670,127 times
Quote:
Nope, not me. Lets hear your explanation (read: apologist excuse) though. Why is Santa Ana the worst city in OC for pretty much everything and its the only city with all Democrats across the board? This should be great
That's an easy question.

History, demographics, and immigration.

However, you still haven't proven that Democrats being elected to the city presently are the reason why Santa Ana has problems. This is what you claimed in your previous post. As usual, you're wrong. Why on earth would the current leadership be responsible for what's been happening the last few months? Anyone with any sort of education in Sociology, statistics, etc would know the first place you should be looking is the past.

Old 06-02-2015, 05:30 PM

1,078 posts, read 1,078,451 times
Quote:
According to this, Anaheim is by far the worst city. I blame disneyland.

https://www.city-data.com/crime/crime...alifornia.html

And according to this, Santa Ana is still below the US average.

And this shows Irvine having more registered Sex Offenders. Way more.
irvine: 10k, santa ana: 1k.
https://www.city-data.com/so/so-Santa...alifornia.html

Old 06-02-2015, 06:41 PM

129 posts, read 151,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motobecaneti View Post
Republicans will make it worse. Look at all the child molesters in the Republican party.
You mean like Gerry Studds?

Oh wait...

Old 06-02-2015, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by incognitoe View Post
According to this, Anaheim is by far the worst city. I blame disneyland.

And according to this, Santa Ana is still below the US average.

And this shows Irvine having more registered Sex Offenders. Way more.
irvine: 10k, santa ana: 1k.
You are listing 3 year old data. Violent crime and gang violence has escalated in SA over the past few years and you can bet those numbers are much higher. It also doesn't take into account the number of shootings, which is absurdly high in SA, its averaging 14-15 a month. Find some recent data and get back to me. Besides, did you actually READ what it says about SA in the links you posted? Here ya go, yea, great place

The crime rate in Santa Ana is considerably higher than the national average across all communities in America from the largest to the smallest, although at 23 crimes per one thousand residents, it is not among the communities with the very highest crime rate. The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Santa Ana is 1 in 44. Based on FBI crime data, Santa Ana is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to California, Santa Ana has a crime rate that is higher than 49% of the state's cities and towns of all sizes.

From our analysis, we discovered that violent crime in Santa Ana occurs at a rate higher than in most communities of all population sizes in America. The chance that a person will become a victim of a violent crime in Santa Ana; such as armed robbery, aggravated assault, rape or murder; is 1 in 293. This equates to a rate of 3 per one thousand inhabitants.

Importantly, we found that Santa Ana has one of the highest rates of motor vehicle theft in the nation according to our analysis of FBI crime data. This is compared to communities of all sizes, from the smallest to the largest. In fact, your chance of getting your car stolen if you live in Santa Ana is one in 229.

Old 06-02-2015, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperionGap View Post
That's an easy question.

History, demographics, and immigration.

However, you still haven't proven that Democrats being elected to the city presently are the reason why Santa Ana has problems. This is what you claimed in your previous post.
I never said that was the problem with Santa Ana. I replied to the post that said voting Republican would only make things worse. I was simply pointing out that it cannot get much worse in SA, its already the worst city in the county in nearly every category. It just so happens its also the only city run solely by Democrats, while cities run solely by Republicans are the cleanest, nicest, safest and some of the best performing cities in the entire state and country.

Old 06-02-2015, 07:04 PM

1,078 posts, read 1,078,451 times
What interesting is, Santa Ana is more populated than Irvine. Yet Irvine has 10k registered sex offenders compared to only 1k Santa Ana. Damn!

Old 06-02-2015, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by incognitoe View Post
What interesting is, Santa Ana is more populated than Irvine. Yet Irvine has 10k registered sex offenders compared to only 1k Santa Ana. Damn!
LOL!! Are you serious right now? There are 27 registered sex offenders in Irvine. 10k LOL!! Santa Ana has 277

Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

Now I see what you are looking at, you read it wrong lol. It means there are over 10k residents for every registered sex offender in Irvine, higher number is safer.

Last edited by Yac; 06-11-2015 at 07:02 AM..

Old 06-02-2015, 09:54 PM

5,592 posts, read 8,420,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
it may be a hot mess but homes there are still commanding half mil plus!
Coincidentally, I just saw a "Flip or Flop" episode tonight where they bought a foreclosure in Santa Ana and flipped it for $625K! What was interesting to me is that they spent a lot of money renovating it to "historical" Craftsman style. You usually don't worry about historical accuracy unless there is some value in that neighborhood....which looked really adorable, BTW.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County