Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2015, 02:18 PM

162 posts, read 231,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post
...and like I said, I can find dozens of cities with much lower crime rates than Santa Ana. Unlike your argument listing cities with a low population, I'll make it more challenging for myself and make them large cities with a population over 200k. Heck, I'll even use your same source, which is incorrect and outdated by the way. Santa Ana's current crime rate is 361, not 230 like it was in three years ago in 2012 thanks to the rise in gang shootings and homicides over the last few years. But anyhow...

Plano, TX: 274k population, 160 crime rate to SAs 230
//www.city-data.com/city/Plano-Texas.html

Henderson, NV: 270k population, 155 crime rate
//www.city-data.com/city/Henderson-Nevada.html

Virginia Beach, VA: 448k population, crime rate 185
//www.city-data.com/city/Virgin...-Virginia.html

Scottsdale, AZ: 227k population, crime rate 172
//www.city-data.com/city/Scottsdale-Arizona.html

Fremont, CA: 225k population, crime rate 150
//www.city-data.com/city/Fremont-California.html

If I went population under 200k, I could list hundreds of cities with crime rates lower than Santa Ana. We can play this all day....
Well you're the one who wanted to see proof that there are cities comparable to Santa Ana that are worse than Santa Ana, when you got it you threw a racist hissy fit. You didn't ask me to prove if there are any similarly-sized cities that are better, you asked me to prove if there were any that are equal to or worse. I did so.

And even if Santa Ana does have a 361 crime rate (for which you offered no proof), it's still below almost every town I listed in my posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2015, 03:36 PM

3,830 posts, read 4,661,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RG1981 View Post
Well you're the one who wanted to see proof that there are cities comparable to Santa Ana that are worse than Santa Ana, when you got it you threw a racist hissy fit. You didn't ask me to prove if there are any similarly-sized cities that are better, you asked me to prove if there were any that are equal to or worse. I did so.

And even if Santa Ana does have a 361 crime rate (for which you offered no proof), it's still below almost every town I listed in my posts.
You can't really have an actual debate with mbell because she's just a racist troll. It's best to just laugh it off or mock her.

Old 05-23-2015, 04:55 PM

2,821 posts, read 3,536,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RG1981 View Post

Of course there are much worse cities for crime than Santa Ana, I never suggested there was not. I said that in many cities, 8 gang shootings, multiple stabbings and a gang shootout at a restaurant all in 3 weeks is NOT typical.

Last edited by dexter14; 05-23-2015 at 05:05 PM..

Old 05-23-2015, 07:08 PM

Please prove it's the norm in a Santa Ana.

As in over the past 10-20 years how many times has that happened?

Old 05-23-2015, 07:27 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,136,249 times
OMG end this already. Santa Ana is NOT that bad. Sheeesh.

Old 05-23-2015, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperionGap View Post
Please prove it's the norm in a Santa Ana.

As in over the past 10-20 years how many times has that happened?
Seriously? Are you new here? The gang shootings and homicides have actually come down compared to what they were even 5-6 years ago. Its been MUCH worse over the past 15-20 years than it is now. You do know that Santa Ana is gang capital of the US right? Nearly 100 different gangs call it home, most of any city in the country. Do some research...

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/g....html?graphics

Old 05-24-2015, 12:07 AM

So I guess you couldn't prove it. Not surprising.

Old 05-24-2015, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post
Seriously? Are you new here? The gang shootings and homicides have actually come down compared to what they were even 5-6 years ago. Its been MUCH worse over the past 15-20 years than it is now. You do know that Santa Ana is gang capital of the US right? Nearly 100 different gangs call it home, most of any city in the country. Do some research...

Santa Ana violent gang crime reported down 40%: Here's why - The Orange County Register
As usual you're completely full of it. I hope you don't kiss your mother with that mouth.

The 6 Most Gang Infested Cities in America - TheRichest

Old 05-24-2015, 12:46 AM

1,962 posts, read 4,482,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanSwitek View Post
Yes, there are worse areas in Ca however there are no safe areas in Santa Ana. It is a dump that is completely over run with illegal aliens and gangs.
Sorry, full of it. Work there right now and have worked there numerous times in the past. Walked some of it today on my lunch break and have walked various parts of it over the course of time with no ill effects.

Today's walk was in the neighborhood encompassed by 4th, McClay, 6th and Eastside (I work off Grand and the 5 fwy (closest street is Fruit). Fine seeming little neighborhood that I've walked a bit before. Not sure what it's like at night but non-Hispanic locals have told me the area is OK and I was not getting a bad vibe.

Just have to know where to go and where not to go. Just because a city is not 100% "safe" does not mean it is 100% "dangerous".

Old 05-24-2015, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperionGap View Post
As usual you're completely full of it. I hope you don't kiss your mother with that mouth.

The 6 Most Gang Infested Cities in America - TheRichest
Really? lol, get a clue. It says right on there "The cities on this list are, by and large, in no particular order as concluding the number of gang members per city is widely inaccurate and some more recent studies are incomplete". Not to mention there are only a handful of gangs in those cities, nowhere near 100.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County