U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2015, 07:15 PM

8 posts, read 7,936 times

Advertisements

What is the neighborhood bounded by Adams/Yorktown/Beach/Main like? Would you say it is very suburban (drive everywhere, dinner in shopping centers), or is it close enough to downtown HB to be walkable and interesting? Looking for a place that is not the total burbs, is accessible to downtown and the beaches, but is not in the middle of the party.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2015, 12:02 AM

22,057 posts, read 25,177,024 times
You would be better off biking from Adams/Yorktown down to Main/PCH.

Old 06-01-2015, 01:04 AM

277 posts, read 292,525 times
Lot of houses, condos and apartments jammed together with very limited on street parking. Plan on riding the bicycles downtown. Very congested and noisy at times.

Old 06-01-2015, 02:13 PM

5,881 posts, read 11,652,583 times
fun neighborhood... the area near main street is more family oriented, it gets more party centered as you get closer to beach

Old 06-01-2015, 03:04 PM

Ok, so Beach is the party scene, not Main? Interesting and different than I'd thought, thank you!

Old 06-01-2015, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runmaven View Post
Ok, so Beach is the party scene, not Main? Interesting and different than I'd thought, thank you!

No party scene on Beach Blvd....... Withing the area mentioned, a lot of apartments so there could be some activity in the evenings. Fair number of illegal aliens and tweekers also living within those boundaries. Main Street is calm except for July 4th.

Old 06-01-2015, 04:08 PM

5,881 posts, read 11,652,583 times
Maybe I shouldn't have used party scene... It just gets louder with less pride in ownership the closer you get to beach.

Old 06-01-2015, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinsdalePirahna View Post
Maybe I shouldn't have used party scene... It just gets louder with less pride in ownership the closer you get to beach.
It's not the best area of HB. They just opened a massive apartment complex at Beach and Adams that does not have adequate parking. The residents of that complex are using the residential area. This is a useful site... Make sure to adjust the dates to get the full picture. https://www.crimereports.com/

Old 06-02-2015, 10:17 AM

i can't even bear to look at the crime stats for where I live now, much worse I'm sure in a large, east coast city!

I'd put Huntington ahead of Costa Mesa (east side, back bay close-ish) due to beach access, but maybe I shouldn't have. You guys are increasing my fear that HB will be a sh*t show scene that we at over 35 will tire of quickly. If I walk around Costa Mesa (the grocery store/coffee/dinner/errands) am I going to be considered strange?

Old 06-08-2015, 11:05 PM

4,979 posts, read 6,732,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runmaven View Post
i can't even bear to look at the crime stats for where I live now, much worse I'm sure in a large, east coast city!

I'd put Huntington ahead of Costa Mesa (east side, back bay close-ish) due to beach access, but maybe I shouldn't have. You guys are increasing my fear that HB will be a sh*t show scene that we at over 35 will tire of quickly. If I walk around Costa Mesa (the grocery store/coffee/dinner/errands) am I going to be considered strange?
I lived at Beach and Adams from 1999-2001, in a gated community called Seabridge that was very nice (well, except the soundproofing between upper and lower units was horrible). Getting to downtown HB was not walkable, at least at my age! I think the Main Street area has gotten a lot more crazy since I lived there....but I still miss that weather!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County