Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-19-2015, 05:51 PM
 
192 posts, read 204,583 times
Reputation: 246

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCerik View Post
We can't handle any deviation from the normal perfect weather. If you decide to move here and become one of us, you'll understand!
Exactly, the people here are soft.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-19-2015, 06:02 PM
 
1,078 posts, read 1,076,444 times
Reputation: 1041
It was raining Hard here in SoCal. Out of nowhere. Hot and humid and then bam. Hit with a downpour. And I just washed my car on Thursday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2015, 07:25 PM
 
Location: OC/LA
3,830 posts, read 4,662,889 times
Reputation: 2214
Quote:
Originally Posted by incognitoe View Post
It was raining Hard here in SoCal. Out of nowhere. Hot and humid and then bam. Hit with a downpour. And I just washed my car on Thursday.
Yeah I washed mine on Friday... I am not pleased about that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2015, 12:13 AM
 
Location: so cal
1,110 posts, read 2,470,859 times
Reputation: 1043
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperionGap View Post
Yeah I washed mine on Friday... I am not pleased about that.
Yep the drought sucks, oh wait rain is good. There is no pleasing some people. I welcome all the rain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2015, 02:11 AM
 
Location: O.C.
2,821 posts, read 3,537,940 times
Reputation: 2102
Quote:
Originally Posted by dober1 View Post
Yep the drought sucks, oh wait rain is good. There is no pleasing some people. I welcome all the rain.
I agree but the rain we have had the past few days is a drop in the bucket. We need about 2 feet of rain and fast just to get back close to normal levels. That of course would cause flooding and all kinds of other messes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2015, 08:33 AM
 
2,986 posts, read 4,576,909 times
Reputation: 1664
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter14 View Post
I agree but the rain we have had the past few days is a drop in the bucket.
Better than no rain. The past few days have been record setting. Who knows, maybe we will get a couple feet of rain over the coming months..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2015, 09:18 AM
 
14,306 posts, read 11,697,976 times
Reputation: 39101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiff Kook View Post
Better than no rain. The past few days have been record setting.
Exactly. This is about all I'm hearing: "It's just a drop in the bucket." "It has no impact on the drought." "We still need a lot more." Ugh! Why don't people look at the rain we do get in a more positive way? Every little bit helps. My area got 1.5" over the weekend. Considering that our average annual rainfall is only 13", that's more than just a drop in a bucket.

And, my yard got a good soaking which will last at least a week, and I saved enough water in buckets to give the plants at least one more good soaking later. Got to be happy about that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2015, 12:40 PM
 
Location: City of the Angels
2,222 posts, read 2,345,189 times
Reputation: 5422
We need a couple good "Pineapple express" storms to come through here !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2015, 02:00 PM
 
823 posts, read 1,784,986 times
Reputation: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickofDiamonds View Post
We need a couple good "Pineapple express" storms to come through here !
Don't worry, El Nino is coming. Before that comes, they say there will be more rain in late August and early September. Rainy season begins in October.

I'm getting the house ready for El Nino now--rain gutters, more rain barrels, painting house. Good thing the holey roof is replaced. Pest-proofing the garage so rodents can't find shelter...

Wow, can't wait for the real downpour, but it's going to be awful if we're not ready for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2015, 03:18 PM
 
18,172 posts, read 16,395,091 times
Reputation: 9328
Quote:
Originally Posted by russlancea View Post
Don't worry, El Nino is coming. Before that comes, they say there will be more rain in late August and early September. Rainy season begins in October.

I'm getting the house ready for El Nino now--rain gutters, more rain barrels, painting house. Good thing the holey roof is replaced. Pest-proofing the garage so rodents can't find shelter...

Wow, can't wait for the real downpour, but it's going to be awful if we're not ready for it.
Good planing. If it comes, you can take advantage of it. If it doesn't, well ..... you are no worse off for the effort. While I suspect it ain't gonna be a big help, I hope that it will be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top