Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2015, 01:14 PM

1 posts, read 884 times

Advertisements

Hi,
Just wondering if anyone can help shed some light on schooling some where in the Orange County area, my husband needs to work in Irvine and he's willing to travel about 45mins to work so we haven't picked a location as yet my issue is schooling we have a 8 year old who currently is attending a private girls school here in Cardiff I've read loads of reviews regarding schools in CA but still haven't got any further to making a decision on what school what areas are good for families with pets as we are also bringing 2 dogs over with us, I need to find a place for my husband to live in by February and we will join him the end of the 3rd year of schooling in July.

Any suggestions would be glady appreciated.
Many thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2015, 02:17 PM

121 posts, read 183,735 times
A lot depends on your budget, but I'll tell you a little about my story.

I went to Anneliese's for elementary school in Laguna Beach (K-6), and it was the best experience in school I've ever had. They go all out. I switched to public school after elementary, and I was so far ahead of my peers for years it was unbelievable. The best word I could use to describe their curriculum is, "worldly". You learn other languages, a lot of them (Spanish, Japanese, French, German). They spend a lot of time teaching about other cultures. They're also really big on animals. They have a lot of them on campus (llamas, swans, etc). I remember our class used to just take walks down to Main beach, good times. They also make lunch everyday with organic, healthy food. It's a unique place, I'd highly recommend taking a tour of the campus.

Whenever I have kids, they'll definitely be going there.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Last edited by OCerik; 09-06-2015 at 02:42 PM..

Old 09-10-2015, 12:35 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,300,736 times
Why would you want a private school when Irvine has some of the best schools in the country?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County