Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2015, 09:37 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,129,158 times

Advertisements

In all my years living in OC, I don't think I was ever bitten by a mosquito. How can it be worth spraying for them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2015, 11:03 AM

137 posts, read 125,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
In all my years living in OC, I don't think I was ever bitten by a mosquito. How can it be worth spraying for them?
They need to explain the budget, reduce population, etc. Killing several birds with one stone with this one.

Old 09-08-2015, 02:39 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,311,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxLMG View Post
It's a secret Government project to target illegals. Just ask Donald Trump.
It's a secret program to get all the folks who did not vaccinate. We'll show them, we'll turn all their neurotypical kids into ASD sufferers, and those who don't end up with that will be given ADHD. /sarc

Old 09-08-2015, 02:49 PM

3,437 posts, read 3,264,577 times
too much ado about nothing. why don't we just trust the health authorities to do their job? if this spraying is bad for our health, for sure the federal or state govt should have banned its use already

Old 09-08-2015, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by payutenyodagimas View Post
too much ado about nothing. why don't we just trust the health authorities to do their job? if this spraying is bad for our health, for sure the federal or state govt should have banned its use already
Yeah, like Asbestos? Govt doesn't care about long term health effects. Look at Cigarettes, Roundup Pesticides, etc etc. They wait until people start dying from cancer, then they so, okay, we'll ban it (after billions of dollars on research to prove that this was the cause of said cancer).

I bet if the Poison was made in China, you'll be saying something about it.

Old 09-08-2015, 11:11 PM

823 posts, read 1,774,118 times
I'm personally not concerned about long-term health effects, but maybe I should be . How often do they spray? It sounds like this upcoming spraying is very uncommon.

But I why they didn't announce the spraying to the public and what they have done so far to control the mosquito population. How many traps were set out? How many mosquitoes and wild animals tested positive for West Nile? Is spraying really the only option right now?

Old 09-09-2015, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by russlancea View Post
I'm personally not concerned about long-term health effects, but maybe I should be . How often do they spray? It sounds like this upcoming spraying is very uncommon.

But I why they didn't announce the spraying to the public and what they have done so far to control the mosquito population. How many traps were set out? How many mosquitoes and wild animals tested positive for West Nile? Is spraying really the only option right now?
Residents are concerned about opening a pandora's box. The bio-weapon assault doesn't eliminate the mosquitoes. What's to stop them from sparing every 3-6 months?

It only kills the adult mosquitoes.

Old 09-10-2015, 02:53 PM

Good news! Spraying has been cancelled. Disney said F off! No permits to fly over Disney. And the company decided to call everything off.

Now, residents must do their part in controlling mosquitoes and to keep their family safe. OCVCD must be pissed right now. They're probably heading over to their lab to pick up their infected mosquitoes to release out to the public. Keep your eyes open!

Old 09-10-2015, 03:11 PM

176 posts, read 201,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viceversa View Post
Good news! Spraying has been cancelled. Disney said F off! No permits to fly over Disney. And the company decided to call everything off.

Now, residents must do their part in controlling mosquitoes and to keep their family safe. OCVCD must be pissed right now. They're probably heading over to their lab to pick up their infected mosquitoes to release out to the public. Keep your eyes open!
Your posts would be a lot more believable if you'd stick to posting links to data backing up your point and back slowly away from the comments about population control and releasing infected mosquitos. The latter just makes people wonder if your tin foil hat is on too tight.

Old 09-10-2015, 03:49 PM

121 posts, read 212,303 times
Some of the conspiracies regarding use of these pesticides may very well be correct, who knows. I certainly understand why people post their theories as some of the conspiracies that have been proven true in recent years are almost unbelieveable. But I agree it's important to stick to known facts and just share quality scientific information. Goodness knows there's plenty of it out there showing the deleterious effects of these pesticides.

If people don't pay attention to scientific information they're not the kind of people you'd win over no matter how much reputable information you share. However, there are many who might be won over that are turned away if the information is clouded by conspiracy theory and conjecture. I've given a lot of talks about this subject and as soon as you stray away from science, eyes begin to roll and people start playing on their smart phones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County