Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2015, 02:27 PM
PDF PDF started this thread

11,395 posts, read 13,376,337 times

Advertisements

I posted about the ARTIC station and it's what has wanted me to visit Anaheim in the first place.

I was wondering what suggestions you can offer. I'm thinking about coming to Anaheim for the day from LA, checking out the ARTIC station, and going to a Ducks game at night even though I'm a Kings fan! I have never been to Anaheim. I realize I could spend a couple days in Anaheim, but I just wanted to plan a nice day there to start. The game is on a Friday night, I'm not sure if Anaheim has any decent nightclubs.

I like museums, farmers markets, stuff like that. I have no idea what Anaheim has, so I guess whatever you'd normally suggest to a first-time visitor that would fill my time besides ARTIC and hockey. Oh, I love pizza.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2015, 09:38 PM

1,962 posts, read 4,471,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
I posted about the ARTIC station and it's what has wanted me to visit Anaheim in the first place.

I was wondering what suggestions you can offer. I'm thinking about coming to Anaheim for the day from LA, checking out the ARTIC station, and going to a Ducks game at night even though I'm a Kings fan! I have never been to Anaheim. I realize I could spend a couple days in Anaheim, but I just wanted to plan a nice day there to start. The game is on a Friday night, I'm not sure if Anaheim has any decent nightclubs.

I like museums, farmers markets, stuff like that. I have no idea what Anaheim has, so I guess whatever you'd normally suggest to a first-time visitor that would fill my time besides ARTIC and hockey. Oh, I love pizza.
Used to live there, within walking distance of the place where the Ducks train (off Clementine).

Pizza is ALL OVER the place. Museums will be downtown (off Anaheim Blvd near Broadway). Of course, you know Disneyland is just couple of miles south (within the city, still) if you want to visit.

There is a club called "Ember" off Anaheim Blvd just north of Lincoln (right near my old apt). Not sure if it's "decent" as I am not a club person but it is a place to start. I have heard rumors that it might be or already has closed to make way for something else. There may be clubs around the stadium or across the way in the western part of the city of Orange.

You'll want to go to Anaheim Blvd between Lincoln and South for downtown. North of the Ember Club is all kinds of Mexican food (authentic) and between Lincoln and South are some newer restaurants. Not sure where or when a farmers' market takes place, but wouldn't be surprised if it was on the Center Street Promenade (just north of Broadway). There are a number of special events that take place on that street.
I have actually seen that kind of activity there but wasn't sure if they were strictly farmers' markets.

You'll also want to head west to the "Mother Colony House" on West St just a few blocks north of Lincoln. There is another historical house next to it that serves as a museum though this is a residential neighborhood (explore this too, if you have time). What appears to be the world's biggest Ficus tree wil give you plenty of shade as you sit and look at the surroundings and the county's highest mountain, Saddleback (it usually is visible unless it's cloudy).

It's not really a tourist destination but Carl Karcher, the man who started what became Carl's Jr., had his house here. It is still here, just north of downtown, and still in the family as far as I know. If you want to see it badly enough, PM me for details.

That should be enough to get you started.

Old 09-22-2015, 10:51 PM

3,830 posts, read 4,650,674 times
Go to the packing house.

Old 09-24-2015, 08:49 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,088,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsltd View Post

You'll also want to head west to the "Mother Colony House" on West St just a few blocks north of Lincoln. There is another historical house next to it that serves as a museum though this is a residential neighborhood (explore this too, if you have time).
The Colony district has some really cool houses and a wide variety of architectural styles. The Queen Anne-style house next to the Mother Colony House was the Red Cross headquarters. The tree in front is a Morton Bay fig tree and is over 100 years old.

Can't say I ever thought of the Karcher's house as a tourist attraction, but it is a nice house. Carl used to walk to work from there.

Old 09-25-2015, 03:22 PM

3,437 posts, read 3,272,609 times
dine also at the White House

Old 09-25-2015, 07:14 PM

3,830 posts, read 4,650,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by payutenyodagimas View Post
dine also at the White House
How is that? I recently got a groupon there but haven't made it over yet.

Old 09-28-2015, 11:30 AM

3,437 posts, read 3,272,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperionGap View Post
How is that? I recently got a groupon there but haven't made it over yet.
never been there because I once met a food artist who work there and he said be sure to be on coat and tie so that they wont mistake you as a delivery guy...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County