Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 09:35 AM

745 posts, read 1,284,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwumpus View Post
L&M Automotive in Lake Forest are very honest. First mechanic I have ever trusted.
Actually I hesitate to recommend these guys now. Both times I brought my car in they missed a major problem, so after I paid it turned out my car was not fixed at all. The first time they went above and beyond to make it good. The second time they made good but I had to fight for it. It was very stressful and disappointing to happen twice in a row, which tells me maybe someone's not doing their job in the shop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2010, 10:25 AM

3,884 posts, read 4,534,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelH930 View Post
Hi. I just moved to Irvine about 2 months ago and now I found out that my car needs to have the struts replaced. I took it in to a Goodyear service center and they quoted me $900!! Needless to say I want to get a second opinion. I was hoping that someone could offer advice or a recommendation of where I should take my car next.

Thanks for your time and help in advance
S&S Auto
23081 Orange Ave # A2
Lake Forest, CA 92630-4922
(949) 770-6995

These guys have been our mechanics for 7 years now, and they are good people!
I even recommended them to my ex-husband (who is NOT my worst enemy, ha ha) who was SHOCKED they didn't try to sell him all kinds of services he didn't need like some other shop did!

Good luck!

Old 10-06-2010, 11:41 AM

42 posts, read 101,627 times
If you are looking for a bit more extensive reviews and feedback then visit yelp.com BTW, for entertainment purposes do a search for Pep Boys within Yelp and you will run with fear reading the reviews.

Old 01-13-2011, 02:36 PM

22 posts, read 60,888 times
Pep Boys is the worst place. I used to work there, and man were the customers on average the most irritated bunch out there. Not really due to any of their own doing, but rather because Pep Boys is a "hack" automotive store at best. If I had a beater car, I would think about taking it to Pep Boys. If you have a car you actually value and like to drive, don't go to this chain store from hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailnd View Post
If you are looking for a bit more extensive reviews and feedback then visit yelp.com BTW, for entertainment purposes do a search for Pep Boys within Yelp and you will run with fear reading the reviews.

Old 01-31-2012, 07:11 PM

1 posts, read 843 times
I am very lucky to find these guys from my ex-gf. I dumped my cousin after I found this place. VN Auto Repair 714.914.6993. They are in the city of Westminster. Great Price & Excellent service!

Old 05-10-2012, 08:40 PM

1 posts, read 784 times
Default Mobile Mechanic in Irvine, Orange County

Probably too late to help with the strut repairs but if you need a good, reasonable Mechanic for future repairs I've used Orange County Mobile Mechanics for numerous repairs on my car and my wife's car.

Can't beat the convenience because he comes right to you. He was referred to me by a friend and I have recommended him to friends also, so far I'm really satisfied.

go check out his bio at Orange County Mobile Mechanic 714 709-4594 | We Come 2 U Mobile Auto Repair , Truck & RV Repair in Orange County

he has some other customer reviews at http://g.co/maps/jb3jn

good luck!

OCcarGuy

Last edited by OCcarGuy; 05-10-2012 at 08:43 PM.. Reason: left out some important info

Old 09-02-2013, 10:41 PM

1 posts, read 618 times
Default WeGo2u Mobile Mechanic Orange County

WeGo2u Mobile Mechanic is a cost effective alternative to high priced shops and dealereships. We come to your location fully equipped for almost any repair, import or domestic vehicles, trucks, motorhomes, RVs, Diesel , gas, trailers even generators and equipment repairs.

check us out at Orange County Mobile Mechanic | Mobile Auto Repair | RV Repairs and Maintenance and Mobile Mechanics - We Come To You in Orange County - 714 709-4594

Robert Grove, ASE Certified World Class Technician, Automotive Hall of Fame 1996, California BAR Certified Emissions Instructor

949-288-3506

Old 09-06-2013, 04:33 PM

658 posts, read 1,553,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelH930 View Post
Hi. I just moved to Irvine about 2 months ago and now I found out that my car needs to have the struts replaced. I took it in to a Goodyear service center and they quoted me $900!! Needless to say I want to get a second opinion. I was hoping that someone could offer advice or a recommendation of where I should take my car next.

Thanks for your time and help in advance
Do it yourself and save yourself $850 and learn something in the process. Screw up? It's fine you have a spare $850 to try again.

p.s. lol at the adverts in the posts above me! ^^^

Old 09-06-2013, 04:35 PM

658 posts, read 1,553,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailnd View Post
I want to be entertained, I will go read
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County