Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2016, 11:59 PM

32 posts, read 49,535 times

Advertisements

Are there any neighborhoods in Orange County that have homes with large lots on big tree lined streets?

There's obviously mansions on large lots in exclusive neighborhoods like Newport Beach but I mean a normal non-gated neighborhood. I'm thinking along the lines of the suburbs of cities in the East and Midwest or that look like San Marino in LA county but less expensive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2016, 12:07 AM

4,078 posts, read 2,338,120 times
My neighborhood in Anaheim near Disneyland does. How big of a lot? 10k sqft. lots with lots of trees here.

Old 05-07-2016, 12:15 AM

1,962 posts, read 4,482,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvinerenter View Post
Are there any neighborhoods in Orange County that have homes with large lots on big tree lined streets?

There's obviously mansions on large lots in exclusive neighborhoods like Newport Beach but I mean a normal non-gated neighborhood. I'm thinking along the lines of the suburbs of cities in the East and Midwest or that look like San Marino in LA county but less expensive.
Here's a list of what I could come up with off the top of my head:

Anaheim, downtown (around Pearson Park and points north up to North St)
Anaheim, West St between La Palma Ave and Lincoln Ave
Anaheim, zips 92807 and 92808 (Anaheim Hills)
Fullerton, north of Chapman/Malvern Ave; too many to list individually but Golden Hill northwest of downtown is a good start; downtown has some streets like this as well.
Orange--Cambridge St; pretty much its entire length through the city though the area between Taft and Meats on the far north end is less like this.
Orange--Old Towne (around the circle, especially northeast and southeast of it)
Orange--points east of Cambridge St but west of Tustin St and between Chapman and Katella; vibes vary but probably the best examples are the neighborhoods immediately northwest of Tustin/Chapman intersection--think Shattuck Pl, etc) There are some south of Chapman/east of Cambridge/west of Tustin as well.

This is just for starters. Explore.

Old 05-07-2016, 12:23 PM

347 posts, read 666,606 times
Santa Ana easily has the best ones in the County. Historic neighborhoods with character and dense tree canopies. Neighborhoods like French Park, Wilshire Square, Park Santiago, Floral Park, West Floral Park, Washington Square, Eastside (small homes though).

Probably one of the coolest blocks in the County is Victoria Drive in Santa Ana. Massive homes that remind me of the east coast.

Old 05-07-2016, 01:49 PM

32 posts, read 49,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Planner View Post
Probably one of the coolest blocks in the County is Victoria Drive in Santa Ana. Massive homes that remind me of the east coast.
This is exactly what I was picturing. Beautiful! Why couldn't they build these kind of streets in more affluent cities instead of those peach colored track homes on small lots that still cost over $1M?

Old 05-07-2016, 02:25 PM

347 posts, read 666,606 times
Quote:
This is exactly what I was picturing. Beautiful! Why couldn't they build these kind of streets in more affluent cities instead of those peach colored track homes on small lots that still cost over $1M?
As one of those developers.... it's because in today's market, we really can't make money by building on large lots like in Santa Ana. There are ways to make your neighborhoods feel more organic, but a lot of developers don't care about doing that, which is obvious in most of South OC.

Old 05-07-2016, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Planner View Post
Santa Ana easily has the best ones in the County. Historic neighborhoods with character and dense tree canopies. Neighborhoods like French Park, Wilshire Square, Park Santiago, Floral Park, West Floral Park, Washington Square, Eastside (small homes though).

Yeah, totally forgot about Floral Park. Awesome streets. Spent a number of glorious days walking around there and in West Floral Park.

Don't forget about Park Santiago (Santa Ana). Lots aren't quite as big but definitely tree-lined streets.

Old 05-07-2016, 07:17 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,387,358 times
Quote:
Land cost and trees take a long time to grow. Those locations with lovely tree lined streets once weren't as the trees were a LOT smaller when the trees were first planted.

Old 05-07-2016, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Land cost and trees take a long time to grow. Those locations with lovely tree lined streets once weren't as the trees were a LOT smaller when the trees were first planted.
True enough. But better seeing a neighborhood mature into those locations discussed than having the trees trucked in fully grown or nearly fully grown. Irvinerenter would know about locations in Irvine like that. I worked in one off Barranca Pkwy near Technology, and you just KNOW those Ficus trees did not start as saplings there. Very disconcerting effect. I realize that is not a residential area, but still would creep me out a little bit. Felt like a movie set.

Old 05-08-2016, 10:02 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,752,657 times
Villa Park.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County