Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2008, 10:23 AM

4,610 posts, read 11,098,958 times

Advertisements

Hi guys,

We need to find an apartment until we buy a home. We are out of state right now so we can't just hop in a car and go look at apartments. We found one in Irvine but then I just found some in Newport Beach that takes pets too. They are all from the Irvine Company. We prefer Newport because that is where we will focus on homes even though we are open to other areas.

What are the best apartments in the Newport area? We prefer the Irvine Company because of their pretty liberal pet policy, we have pets.

We would love one with a view and attached garage. Any suggestions? We came across Newport Bluffs to start but see that there are actually several others with great amenities too. Which ones are the best?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2008, 11:27 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,492,357 times
We lived in Promontory Point, which is a very nice "looking" place with a great location. However, it is old and falling apart, our roof literally collapsed after 1 hard rain, got mold and the place has esbestos....do not go there .

Newport Bluffs, Bays and Newport North are more of a younger crowd, college kids, fun area, looked nice.

I have heard good things about Newport Ridge up in the Newport Coast.

Do realize you can get a much nicer, bigger place 5-10 miles away in Irvine for about 25-35% less, after living in NB I thought it wasn't worth the money. However, I agree Irvine Company is the best for renting with pets.

Old 02-18-2008, 11:36 AM

Thanks for the heads up on Promontory Point!!!!

You mentioned Newport Ridge in Newport Coast and I did see that too on the internet. I will look into that one.

We will also look more into Irvine. We did find one place we liked in Irvine there called Woodbury from the Irvine Company. We liked that it's next to Trader Joes and shopping and the complex is new with garages attached and they take pets too. We are doing all of the research online so it gets difficult. But we will look more into Irvine as well.

Thanks!

Old 02-18-2008, 12:02 PM

Woodbury Place is nice, we live right out there in Portola Springs and love it.
It is a little sunnier out here versus NB, little warmer, further from the beach but for us to buy a house we had to move . Woodbury is right next to the Mountain Ridge, so you can see San Gabriels Peak and the snow capped mountains outside Love it.

The Woodbury Shopping Plaza, has Trader Joes, a very nice Ralphs, Staples, Home Depot, cool unique Sushi and Burgers. It is a nice place and the people are far far less pretentious in Irvine versus Newport, anywhere near Fashion Island is going to be very pretentious, so if you like dressing up to go CVS and drive the latest Humvee then that is your place.

Old 02-18-2008, 12:30 PM

No, I don't like dressing up to go to CVS!!!! I don't like dressing up at all, ever!!! I'm pretty casual, capri and flip flop gal. I hope I don't get bad looks but I am 42 so I wonder if they will look at me since I'm older? I wont care much though. I lived in some pretty pretentious places before myself. But you are right on the cars in the Newport Beach area all the way down to the Laguna Beach area. When I was there last year, I saw so many cars well worth over 100 grand in one day and I mean well worth over 100 grand that I would see in a year where I used to live in Ca (and where I lived was pretentious too). I think I commented on the cars last year (April) on this board when I came back from Newport. They were pretty though!!!

I'm glad you like Woodbury Place because that was our first choice and the first place we found. I like how you can just walk next door and do some shopping and the lady I talked to on the phone said the shopping center is dog friendly too and the restaurants are too. So that would be nice to walk our little dog there and eat lunch outside with her.

Old 02-18-2008, 05:50 PM

2 posts, read 12,736 times
When you say the Irvine company is good for renting with pets, just how liberal are they about pets? I'm having an impossible time trying to find somewhere that will allow my (extremely friendly, well behaved, under 50lb) pit bull mix. Does anyone know if they have breed restrictions?

Thanks

Old 02-18-2008, 06:10 PM

I know there were at least 3 well behaved full bred Pit Bulls at Promontory Point.

Old 02-19-2008, 02:26 AM

2 posts, read 12,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
I know there were at least 3 well behaved full bred Pit Bulls at Promontory Point.
That's great news. Thanks!

Literally every other place I looked at that didn't have a weight restriction had breed restrictions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County