Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2008, 07:59 PM

4 posts, read 11,776 times

Advertisements

Hi i live in Kingston ont Canada and its boring here,theres nothing to do here teres no beaches or lakes or swimming pools no indoore roller skating,no big water parks i have to young boys ages 4 to 9 years old and this march i be old i will be turning 40 yikes im ready old my older child and i have been taking acting classess in toronto ont for almost three months, i dont loke it here i was either thinking of moving to Vancover bc,Canada or my favorite place move to orange county california, the probleme is that i am a canadian, and know it cost a lot of money to get a green card or rigster to be able to work or live, or someone frome us has to sponcer me and i dont know any one in us besides usa osent want people like us to move into their land or country, they hate us Canadians,i whichi could live and work their in oc, i did like the tv show they oc i know he tv show is not real i liked marrisaa cooper she was my favorite actress and i which i oild be like her iwas mad and sad that they took her of the show tat was a big mistake as soon as she was gone at first i lost intrest in whatching the show they should have continued to make more season 4 and season 5 and so on we canadians loved the show . Even though im not as tall or as perrty or skinny as those actors im trying to become an actore by taking acting classess but lets face it il never will be a stare or on tv shows or movies . were do you guys think we should live Vancouver or orange county
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2008, 08:02 PM

4 posts, read 11,776 times
should we move to oc or vancouver bc

Old 02-21-2008, 09:40 AM

5,113 posts, read 19,757,166 times
vancouver would definitely be easier. both vancouver and oc have very nice cities in the area with very nice people. as far as acting, i imagine there will be better opportunity in OC(especially for the kids, with the orange county high school for the arts being a good school for kids looking into acting and theater), but then again, theres plenty of filming going on in toronto and vancouver right now as well.

Old 07-07-2008, 12:24 AM

105 posts, read 317,207 times
Los ANgeles is the home base for entertainment, Vancouver was a satellite production town. The dollar difference is what made it a busy place for filming. As you know that difference is gone. it will still have a business as they have the support system now for it, studios etc. But if you wish to make a serious career move, and have the abilities Los Angeles is the place to move. Forewarning it is not easy for a Canadian to legally do the move. A visa is availalble if you have a decent resume showing your exceptional talents. But if you were a background extra on the Beachcombers it might be harder to get a visa. Green card is even harder. My two cents. I work in the business and am from Canada, left many years ago though...

Old 07-07-2008, 02:32 AM

619 posts, read 2,167,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthannhoust View Post
Hi i live in Kingston ont Canada and its boring here,theres nothing to do here teres no beaches or lakes or swimming pools no indoore roller skating,no big water parks i have to young boys ages 4 to 9 years old and this march i be old i will be turning 40 yikes im ready old my older child and i have been taking acting classess in toronto ont for almost three months, i dont loke it here i was either thinking of moving to Vancover bc,Canada or my favorite place move to orange county california, the probleme is that i am a canadian, and know it cost a lot of money to get a green card or rigster to be able to work or live, or someone frome us has to sponcer me and i dont know any one in us besides usa osent want people like us to move into their land or country, they hate us Canadians,i whichi could live and work their in oc, i did like the tv show they oc i know he tv show is not real i liked marrisaa cooper she was my favorite actress and i which i oild be like her iwas mad and sad that they took her of the show tat was a big mistake as soon as she was gone at first i lost intrest in whatching the show they should have continued to make more season 4 and season 5 and so on we canadians loved the show . Even though im not as tall or as perrty or skinny as those actors im trying to become an actore by taking acting classess but lets face it il never will be a stare or on tv shows or movies . were do you guys think we should live Vancouver or orange county
As a foreigner you`ll have a hard time getting a green card. Without a green card you`re no better than a mexican, chinese or any other foreign born. US makes no difference whether youre white or other races when it comes down to immigration. There are white europeans and canadians being deported daily in spite of what most ppl think. Unless you`re ready to marry a US citizen youre better off in Canada. Please don`t underestimate the value of a green card...Without a green card you cannot legally do anything and that includes working. As a canadian youre allowed to stay up to 3 months as a turist. A tourist cannot legally work. Hope this helps. Good Luck to you and your family!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County