Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 10:04 PM

493 posts, read 638,297 times

Advertisements

I was curious about Orange County because I was thinking of moving to the SOCAL area when I finish school. I aim to get in employment in some government related field and possibly seek opportunities in the Entertainment area (Music and/or Hollywood). I was curious if Santa Ana really is all that bad, because I have looked up crime data and found according to the stuff on this website (Stats about all US cities - real estate, relocation info, maps, race, income, photos, education, crime, weather, houses, etc. search santa ana, ca) that the crime rate is lower than the national average, my curiosity comes not from necessarily wanting to live there but maybe someday wanting to buy a warehouse space to build a recording studio or the like and because the seat of the oc government is there, can it really be as bad as they say?
Just Wondering

Old 02-20-2008, 10:22 PM

2,498 posts, read 11,447,330 times
You better learn to speak Spanish if you want to live there. Hopefully you already speak it. Honestly, most people would not recommend Santa Ana, I certainly don't. Why not live within commuting distance of it?

Old 02-21-2008, 12:59 AM

11,715 posts, read 40,481,945 times
There's a lot commercial space for rent in Santa Ana. But don't live there unless you like overcrowded condos and apartments where no on speaks English. Drive around the city a bit and you'll see why people in OC don't recommend Santa Ana. It looks more like Tijuana than Orange County. You could rent your studio space on the west side of Santa Ana and live in Fountain Valley, Huntington Beach, or Costa Mesa.

Old 02-21-2008, 01:14 AM

1 posts, read 12,827 times
I am looking for a good family dentist in Cerritos/ La Palma. Any suggestions?

Old 02-21-2008, 01:36 AM

70 posts, read 280,408 times
Great place....if your hispanic. Santa Ana High is 98% hispanic, as is Valley High. Not a place for other races.

Old 02-21-2008, 02:26 AM

104 posts, read 447,353 times
Default dentist

dr. gabutin in cypress is really good! and also in cypress is dr alian

Old 02-21-2008, 04:05 AM

3,306 posts, read 4,160,856 times
Santa Ana isn't that bad. Notice all the comments are about how "Hispanic" it is. Not about how much crime there is, about it being run down. Nope. Its "Hispanic" therefore its bad!

Unlike the cookie-cutter junk in most of Orange County, Santa Ana has some interesting areas, such as the Santa Ana Art District. With that said its not necessarily the cheapest area to get a warehouse in Orange County.

Anyhow, don't put too much weight on what people say on these forums. You should check out the place for yourself.

Old 02-21-2008, 09:14 AM

5,113 posts, read 19,781,540 times
santa ana has good parts and bad parts, and even the bad parts arent that bad. i spend a lot of time there playing in a mexican adult baseball league, i worked for a company in santa ana, i am white, i dont speak spanish, and i have a great time. i hang out all over town, in nice areas(around saddleback hs), not so nice areas(around valley hs), downtown, etc.

if you want to know what its really like, go take a drive around the neighborhoods on a weekend. you'll see some of them that are great, some that aren't, and some that are inbetween, just like every other large city.

Old 02-21-2008, 02:36 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,516,904 times
What a sad OC thread. I am half Mexican/Half White living in OC and boy am I happy I never meet the people posting in this thread.

Santa Ana, Costa Mesa, and Buena Park do have high hispanic populations, if you are scared of hispanics then that is probably not for you. But there are also a lot of Thai people in Santa Ana, as well as Westminster.

Irvine has a high Asian population if you will be uncomfortable around asians then don't move there. There are also many Persians here in Irvine.

Newport, Laguna, Mission, Aliso are majority white places, so if you feel comfortable being around white people then there are your spots.

All other cities are a good mix of everything.

Some of you folks should move to another state real soon.

Old 02-21-2008, 08:24 PM

566 posts, read 1,941,478 times
Santa Ana is run down, dirty and feels unsafe. Move there (I lived there for along time) and you'll experience lots of petty crimes (vandalism, theft) and you'll never feel safe especially at night. Is it the Mexicans who make it such an unpleasant place? I'm not alllowed to say yes as it is not PC. But I don't think those Asians from Irvine are making SA a dump. They are too busy studying to get into UC Irvine. Go to SA look around and judge for yourself.

By the way I did move to another state. But still have the old house in SA for occasioinal visits. What a shock every time I leave humanity to go there. When the Mexicans assimilate and act like Americans I have no problem with them. So sick and tired of seeing Mexican flags in SA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County