Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2016, 12:40 PM

71 posts, read 80,561 times

Advertisements

hello ,im hoping for some insight on my current unemployment case. i resigned from my company 9\23\16.. i was this company for about 1 year and 9 months and hired as a full time employee. i had submitted complaints to h.r regarding my supervisor in 2015 about my my position as a full time employee i wasn't not working full time and him being hostile towards me when i would go to h.r regarding issues.

in january 2016 a new supervisor was hired on and again i submitted complaints to h.r regarding my full time position and also him being hostile and yelliing when things did not go his way. instead of having me work he would hire temp agency people to work and i would be told there is no work for the day. i was reduced to 20-30 hrs a week .

this company is a transportation company i never had a set schedule i would have to call in the company at 7pm to ask if there was work for the next day. also i never knew if i was going to work 4hrs or 10 hrs or if i was going to work 40 hour week or 20 hour week?. i was paying for child care full day when most of the time i would be sent home after 4hrs. i have the emails that i sent up to h.r as evidence (2015-2016) and also the warehouse supervisor is willing to be a witness at a hearing for unemployment

any insight would be helpfull
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2016, 10:22 PM

371 posts, read 813,910 times
You can get unemployment if you resign, but had "good cause" to do so. Your job at the hearing is to establish good cause. You might have good cause if you resigned because of harassment.

But, of course, what might seem like harassment to you, could be seen as "tough supervision" to the employer -- especially if they saw you as under performing.

The key will be showing the hearing officer that this was harassment, not tough supervision. And, you will need to have some explanation as to why two different supervisors apparently harassed you. The hearing officer might see this as evidence that perhaps you were the problem, not the supervisors. I'm not judging here, I'm just trying to trouble shoot for you.

Email complaints will be helpful and testimony from an impartial third person is even better.

Maybe your employer won't send anyone to the hearing and it won't be contested.

Old 10-06-2016, 10:51 PM

8,452 posts, read 14,994,692 times
There's a more suitable forum for your question right here:

//www.city-data.com/forum/unemployment/

Old 10-06-2016, 10:56 PM

thank you for the response .

05\15 was the first time i complain to hr regarding my full time position. when i was hired onto the company my title was driver/warehouse personnel.which means that when there wasn't any driver jobs i was to work in the warehouse . i would not get to work in the warehouse and that's i complain to human resources that i wasn't working full time (40hr week)

03/2016 is when i put in another complain to h.r regarding my full time position(not working 40 hrs) and i also complain that the new supervisor would hire temp agency people to work in the warehouse instead of me (i'm a direct employee of the company)

06/16 again regarding my supervisor not giving me full time position . I ALSO HAVE A EMAIL FROM THE OWNER OF THE COMPANY(06 -2016 ) THAT I WAS TO GET A MEETING WITH MANAGEMENT TO RESOLVE THE FULL TIME ISSUE..I THEN HAD A CALL CONFERENCE WITH MANAGEMENT WHERE I ASKED IF I COULD BE PART TIME AND I WOULD GET A SECOND JOB TO MAKE ENDS MEET . THEY SAID NO THAT I WAS TO STAY FULL TIME ..THE PROBLEM IS THAT I DIDN'T GET 40 HRS A WEEK ( up to september) I HAVE CHECK STUBS AND DIRECT DEPOSIT TO SHOW AS EVIDENCE . i was never able to plan things for the next day because since i was hired on it was always an unsure schedule. i told my supervisor multiple time that i would need a heads up for the week regarding the work load and he would say that it isn't my concern

regarding my supervisor he wants to testify that my direct supervisor would hire temp agency people instead of having me work. he can also testify that i was not working full time when there was plenty of work to do in the warehouse since he is the warehouse supervisor and he would know. he can also testify that i would get yelled at for no apparent reason(verbally abusive) regarding a new account (2016) that required extensive computer knowledge that myself and the warehouse supervisor were never properly train to do

i gave a resignation letter stating that 23rd of september would be my last day and put in 2 week notice

i told my direct supervisor that i was quitting because he hired a temp agency person to do my warehouse duties and i couldn't make ends meet with the 20hrs i was getting per week . my company did nothing to try and resolve the matter with me when i put in my 2 week notice

Old 10-07-2016, 10:07 AM

471 posts, read 1,826,930 times
Do you have an offer letter that states that you are a fulltime employee? Did you sign any contracts? Do you think that the supervisor was discriminating against you for any reason? If so you can file an EEOC complaint. Did you job have an EAP program number you could have called for assistance?

Old 10-08-2016, 11:20 PM

i dont have the copy that states i was a full time employee but i did sign a contract that stated i was a full time employee . i do think my supervisor did in some way discriminate not by race but because of my age im 25 years old and making decent money (he hired a person that is 32 years from a work agency to do my warehouse work because he was "more experience"? and i would loose hours
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County