Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2016, 04:14 PM

219 posts, read 316,403 times

Advertisements

How often to peopel from LA go to orange county?

I lived in La and for sure not a fan of the people.
How often do they travel into OC?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2016, 04:24 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,177,342 times
Interesting question. People I've talked to in LA don't like OC at all and hardly ever go past Culver City. I live in Orange and only go to LA if I have too so guess I feel the same vice versa. Traffic is a big consideration too. Maybe you should do a poll

Old 10-17-2016, 04:34 PM

3,437 posts, read 3,284,294 times
why would people in LA go to OC or vise versa?

once ive seen what LA can offer, I have no more reason to go to LA..except if I have a ticket to a Laker game or picking up someone at LAX

Old 10-17-2016, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by payutenyodagimas View Post
why would people in LA go to OC or vise versa?

once ive seen what LA can offer, I have no more reason to go to LA..except if I have a ticket to a Laker game or picking up someone at LAX
You don't think people from La take weekly trip to OC for fun and stuff? lol.

Old 10-17-2016, 04:48 PM

17 posts, read 20,292 times
I lived in Long Beach for years, then moved to Garden Grove (OC) last year and I LOVE it! There is way more parking in OC and although the streets are wider, there is still traffic, just not as bad as LB. Now that I've lived in my quiet OC neighborhood, I would never move back to LA County.

Old 10-17-2016, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by isellsocalhomes View Post
I lived in Long Beach for years, then moved to Garden Grove (OC) last year and I LOVE it! There is way more parking in OC and although the streets are wider, there is still traffic, just not as bad as LB. Now that I've lived in my quiet OC neighborhood, I would never move back to LA County.
Okay but my question is. How often to people who live in La, visit OC to go to OC?

Old 10-17-2016, 05:09 PM

14,299 posts, read 11,677,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGregorShow View Post
Okay but my question is. How often to people who live in La, visit OC to go to OC?
You'd get more answers if you asked in the LA forum, the people who actually live in LA.

I can say that people in OC, at least the ones I know down here in South OC, rarely go up to LA. Obviously if they need to go to LAX, or if there is a sports event or something they really want to see, they will go. I would guess people from LA also rarely come down here except to go to Disneyland or something. Otherwise the attitude on both sides is pretty much "Whatever they have, we have too."

Old 10-17-2016, 05:18 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,134,777 times
LA is good for things like: night clubs, Koreatown, specialty restaurants, LAX, and shows. However, since many in OC do not need these things frequently or at all, trips are not frequent. The same can likely be said of LA to OC visitors.

Old 10-17-2016, 05:32 PM

3,437 posts, read 3,284,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
LA is good for things like: night clubs, Koreatown, specialty restaurants, LAX, and shows. However, since many in OC do not need these things frequently or at all, trips are not frequent. The same can likely be said of LA to OC visitors.
you can go to Fullerton if you want taste of Koreatown

Old 10-17-2016, 09:17 PM

1,083 posts, read 1,034,754 times
When I lived in Long Beach, my wife and I travelled to OC frequently for various reasons such as church, shopping, beaches, etc.

Now that we live in Huntington Beach, we generally stay in OC. We do travel to parts of LA county when we feel like it.

I think the OC curtain is as real as you make it. OC and LAC have different perks and problems. Different strokes for different folks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County