Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2016, 05:04 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,381,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippityhop View Post
Why do you call it the Houston disease?

Seems more like the real housewives of OC stereotype, no?

DENIAL.
I don't do crack. (All the while being on the pipe.). Hey call it whatever YOU want you. Either way we as a nation have a HUGE problem with drug use. And it seems that every day we are becoming more tolerant to it.
Either way, OC has issues. I don't know of any city, county, state or country that's perfect.

And another thing. Millennials CAN buy houses. It's just not going to be in the perfect house in the perfect city. As soon as they grasp that they can't buy a 750,000 dollar house in Irvine to raise the perfect baby and they need to buy in Garden Grove, Anaheim, gasp maybe not even OC at all, and will need to buy in Riverside or SB county, etc they will be better off. Anyway you look at it OC is expensive. You're moving in a high COL area. You want to live here you're gonna pay for it. OC has ALWAYS been expensive. I don't know why everyone is do freaking shocked. Wether it was in the 80s, 90s, 00s, 10s. That's life. Deal with it. If people can't buy here either go rent or move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2016, 09:16 AM

406 posts, read 347,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona89A View Post
Rents, go up artificially, due to computer programs such as Rainmaker, Yieldstar, and Yardi. Search my archives for a San Diego thread about a guy who cannot find a place to live, making a 6 figure salary.....
THE EVIL RENT MAXIMIZING SOFTWARE

Old 10-28-2016, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
DENIAL.
I don't do crack. (All the while being on the pipe.). Hey call it whatever YOU want you. Either way we as a nation have a HUGE problem with drug use. And it seems that every day we are becoming more tolerant to it.
Either way, OC has issues. I don't know of any city, county, state or country that's perfect.

And another thing. Millennials CAN buy houses. It's just not going to be in the perfect house in the perfect city. As soon as they grasp that they can't buy a 750,000 dollar house in Irvine to raise the perfect baby and they need to buy in Garden Grove, Anaheim, gasp maybe not even OC at all, and will need to buy in Riverside or SB county, etc they will be better off. Anyway you look at it OC is expensive. You're moving in a high COL area. You want to live here you're gonna pay for it. OC has ALWAYS been expensive. I don't know why everyone is do freaking shocked. Wether it was in the 80s, 90s, 00s, 10s. That's life. Deal with it. If people can't buy here either go rent or move.
You're talking to a millennial that just bought a townhouse in Anaheim. Preaching to the choir here.

Old 10-28-2016, 09:51 AM

3,437 posts, read 3,272,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Troy View Post
It's funny, when I first learned about Mexico, the Philippines and other places not allowing Americans to buy land, only lease, I used to think it was so unfair. Now, I see why they do it. They don't want their citizens to have the same unaffordable housing mess that we have!
there is history why Mexico and Philippines prohibits foreigner for buying lands, its because of colonization. the Spaniards (foreigners) ended up with the largest landholdings.

America is a very big country. the problem is no one wants to go where the vacant lots are like Antelope Valley. even the govt(federal/state) which subsidize low income tenants don't want them to relocate to a lower cost place. they want the cities to accommodate them otherwise they don't get benefits

even the people of Oregon don't want Californians inflating their real estate. so these foreigners inflating real estate is also applicable to Californians migrating to other states

Old 10-28-2016, 10:58 AM

471 posts, read 1,827,119 times
Default GG and AnaCrime is expensive too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post

Garden Grove and Anaheim are just as expensive. When I was looking last spring I entertained a SFH in Anaheim off Harbor Blvd., 725 sq ft for $350,000. It went for more than that of course, but even just outside OC is expensive, it depends on what you are willing to trade. There were some homes I saw in the high $400k's that needed a total rehab done, cash offers only. The prices coupled with very low inventory is making it extremely hard to purchase. On average 30 offers are being put in on one home. Even if I marry I wouldn't know where we would be buying around these parts. I ultimately settled on a townhome for now, but I do miss the option to have my own SFH...

Old 10-28-2016, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTripGurl View Post
Garden Grove and Anaheim are just as expensive. When I was looking last spring I entertained a SFH in Anaheim off Harbor Blvd., 725 sq ft for $350,000. It went for more than that of course, but even just outside OC is expensive, it depends on what you are willing to trade. There were some homes I saw in the high $400k's that needed a total rehab done, cash offers only. The prices coupled with very low inventory is making it extremely hard to purchase. On average 30 offers are being put in on one home. Even if I marry I wouldn't know where we would be buying around these parts. I ultimately settled on a townhome for now, but I do miss the option to have my own SFH...
Anaheim and GG are not as expensive as Tustin, which is not as expensive as Irvine, which is not as expensive as Newport, etc.

Old 10-28-2016, 11:24 AM

3,437 posts, read 3,272,609 times
Quote:
housing is expensive in Garden Grove/Westminster because most Vietnamese want to live there.

Old 10-28-2016, 11:27 AM

Default Lol

Quote:
Anaheim and GG are not as expensive as Tustin, which is not as expensive as Irvine, which is not as expensive as Newport, etc.
LMAO you funny as hell

Old 10-28-2016, 01:57 PM

Quote:
LMAO you funny as hell
Not sure why factual information is funny, but OK!

Old 10-28-2016, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Not sure why factual information is funny, but OK!
Not being sarcastic what you said made me LOL. no biggie

Your list would be way too long if you kept going
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County