Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2017, 01:18 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,278,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by man4857 View Post
I doubt that kind of law will survive the lawsuits challenging it.
Well if a federal law was passed, it would work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2017, 01:53 PM

3,437 posts, read 3,263,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChroNix View Post
Foreigners can obtain direct ownership of property in the interior of Mexico, but they cannot own property within the 100km land border zone and 50km coastal zone.
this is one of the mistakes of NAFTA. the US should have insisted on reciprocity, opening of their petroleum industry, telecoms etc

same thing with WTO. they should have resisted the restrictive policies of the Chinese, like no requirement to have Chinese partner, no restrictions on internet companies etc

out of topic but Its a reminder there are lot of things the US gave away for nothing

Old 12-04-2017, 02:37 PM

5 posts, read 4,704 times
Totally agree with this post. Even though my husband and I both have degrees and work full-time jobs, purchasing a home in the OC has proven to be Mission Impossible. It feels like cash investors are sweeping up all the homes. Then you end up with investors with 10+ homes and hard-working people like us with no home.

Old 12-04-2017, 02:39 PM

6,089 posts, read 4,949,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calikitkat View Post
Totally agree with this post. Even though my husband and I both have degrees and work full-time jobs, purchasing a home in the OC has proven to be Mission Impossible. It feels like cash investors are sweeping up all the homes. Then you end up with investors with 10+ homes and hard-working people like us with no home.
May I ask what your combined income is?

Old 12-04-2017, 03:03 PM

2,940 posts, read 1,799,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
May I ask what your combined income is?
Why does it matter? All you're going to say is, oops your combined income is too low. Gotta be a CEO sorry!

Is a college educated, dual income household enough?

Old 12-04-2017, 03:31 PM

9,808 posts, read 11,074,815 times
Quote:
Why does it matter? All you're going to say is, oops your combined income is too low. Gotta be a CEO sorry!

College educated doesn't mean ANYTHING.

Old 12-04-2017, 03:37 PM

50,081 posts, read 46,663,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
It's not just Coastal OC that is high priced, try inland dumps like Whittier and Pomona going for half a million dollars or more. Those places are also prime gang areas with ****ty schools. Nothing great about those neighborhoods. Yeah, it isn't Newport Beach we are talking about here.
As in past bubbles no beach area is gonna take a hit like inland.

Old 12-04-2017, 03:39 PM

50,081 posts, read 46,663,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
College educated doesn't mean ANYTHING.
Some of the wealthiest people I know are HS educated. Heck, my wife works in wealth mgmt and when you meet some of the high rollers you'd never believe their backgrounds. One guy got rich selling futon beds, another installing cabinets into commercial properties.

Old 12-04-2017, 03:44 PM

5 posts, read 4,704 times
Quote:

Yes, indeed. Whatever we make is not enough. And I agree with the fact that our Bachelor and Master don't mean anything here. You are either an entrepreneur/business man/sales person or you are nobody.

Old 12-04-2017, 03:45 PM

9,808 posts, read 11,074,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Some of the wealthiest people I know are HS educated. Heck, my wife works in wealth mgmt and when you meet some of the high rollers you'd never believe their backgrounds. One guy got rich selling futon beds, another installing cabinets into commercial properties.
No doubt about that.

This is yet another millennial misconception of the necessity of going to college. College is great and I had too much of it myself, but in truth, it mainly only teaches you some of the skills needed to work for someone else. And even that is assuming you didn't get a worthless degree, which so many get. As a result, I would conclude that college is vastly overrated and is a prerequisite only for professional possessions (again, working for someone) and not for success in business.

Last edited by LuvSouthOC; 12-04-2017 at 04:35 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County