Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2017, 07:09 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snalax View Post
Keep in mind that property taxes on a home pruchased in CA will be much lower than a house in FL 10+ years from now due to prop 13.
FL has a similar situation with property taxes. They generally only rise beyond a couple of percent at sale. The County we are looking at has high property taxes (for FL) but still it would be about the same for a similar sized and year house.

I should be retired by then, so my income will stabilize (Not grow as much as it is now). My main concern re CA right now is State taxes and the continued rise in taxes and fees due to the Gov't not being very bright for years. I was born and raised in SoCal and it used to be better run.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2017, 09:45 AM

6,089 posts, read 4,987,805 times
Quote:
I would take any Redfin or Zillow estimates with a gigantic grain of salt.
Zillow estimates are not that far off when there is a lot of sales activity in an area.

Old 01-30-2017, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Could be worse. You could live in the United States. I heard it's run by a complete idiot.
Nope, she wasn't elected.

Old 02-01-2017, 06:25 AM

5,381 posts, read 8,688,440 times
Lansner, of the OC Register, wonders if rapidly rising rents may convince some people to finally buy. Of course, most renters probably can't, but there are those who can afford to purchase, and are either waiting for the market to drop, or have other reasons for not taking the home ownership plunge.

He said that a combination of new buyers, plus the opening of new apartment developments now under construction, could slow the rate of rent increases by lessening demand.

BTW, rents are going up nationwide, not just in SoCal. The rate of increase is just higher here, mostly fueled by a lot of new hiring.

Southern California rent rise fastest in 9 years - The Orange County Register

Old 02-01-2017, 09:30 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,285,932 times
Is the market going to drop? Trump is the wild card keeping us from pushing the purchase button.

Old 02-01-2017, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
Is the market going to drop? Trump is the wild card keeping us from pushing the purchase button.
I doubt that anyone knows at this point in time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacific2 View Post
Another fat year for real estate? Six housing market predictions for 2017 - The Orange County Register

“The issue here isn’t the trends. The trends are positive,” said Christopher Thornberg, a former UCLA professor and founding partner of Beacon Economics. “On the other hand, you’ve got this new administration coming in, and we’re not sure (what policies) they’re going to pursue.”

Tax cuts and increased infrastructure spending would stimulate economic growth, Thornberg said. That’s good for housing.

But a trade war with China and an ideological confrontation with California “could really hurt our economy, and all bets are off,” he said.

Old 02-02-2017, 04:59 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,537,436 times
Quote:
Then you're going to die before you get a house. Lots of people kept waiting for prices to drop back in 09/12. The prices staretdcgoing up and the fence sitters were priced out. I have lived through three big market "crashes" and each time the houses we owned eventually went back up in price and then went higher. And higher and higher.......

Old 02-02-2017, 07:49 AM

Quote:
The upcoming CA elections and State debt and tax and spend predilection of the State, is what has kept me from definitely deciding to move. It will either be CA nor FL by the beach in either case.

Old 02-10-2017, 10:49 AM

Buyer beware before contemplating a move to Orange County:
You have to earn $146,880 a year to buy a median-priced home in Orange County - The Orange County Register
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County