Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2017, 11:08 AM

8 posts, read 8,964 times

Advertisements

I'll be purchasing in the next few months, and I'm looking for positive or negative feedback on the following (mostly) Aliso Viejo communities/associations:

Glenwood Park
Glenwood Village
St Tropez
Heather Ridge
Villas South
Montelena
Provence D'Aliso
Foothills (in Laguna Niguel)

Thanks for sharing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2017, 09:30 AM

5,381 posts, read 8,690,013 times
I’m in Aliso Viejo, but I have never lived in any of those communities. However, if I were in the market for a condo/townhouse, I doubt that I would give Heather Ridge any serious consideration. It’s located in one of the oldest areas of AV which, by itself, would not be a problem. However, it’s next to a commercial area consisting of old-looking one story stores, Target, and Stater Brothers in AV; and Costco, McDonalds, Taco Bell, Kohls and Home Depot in Laguna Niguel.

What’s more, Heather Ridge is cutoff from the rest of Aliso Viejo by heavily travelled Alicia Parkway. It’s also bounded by the 73 Toll and busy Pacific Park Drive.

In a nutshell, the area seems to be too commercial and isolated without the parks, hilly winding streets, flowery medians, and green slopes prevalent in the rest of Aliso. That's just my take on the area, but asking prices do seem to be relatively low.

I’ve driven by the other communities, but never had any negative impressions of them.

Old 01-23-2017, 05:59 PM

20 posts, read 26,681 times
Hi Runmaven

You might check out Calabria, near schools and shopping and still quiet. It is located off Aliso Creek and Pacific Park Dr. Primarily carriage units in there.

Best of luck

Old 01-25-2017, 12:02 PM

389 posts, read 916,989 times
We lived in Glenwood Park while renting for 6 years. If I recall correctly, the Glenwood Association is made up of the Glenwood Park (attached 2-3 BR townhouses), Glenwood Village (attached 2-3 BR condos) and Glenwood Terrace (single family homes). After talking with neighbors who were owners, the only negative I really heard mention was the rise in the association fees. A big part of that was due to the many slab leaks. The landscape was nicely taken care of, nice pool, work-out and clubhouse (Glenwood Recreation Center on Cedarbrook).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County