Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2017, 10:15 PM

8 posts, read 19,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabtrees View Post
Santa Ana is a dump, period, end of story. It's a city with nice areas, not a nice city overall. People move there because it's all they can afford. Monitor the Orange County Register for two weeks and see how many stories they post about someone being murdered or shot at or burglarized etc etc etc. Orange County is not known for gang problems, with the exception being Santa Ana. Go on greatschools.com and tell me how many of their public schools (not Mater Dei) rank well...not many. It's cool to head over to Santa Ana and spend a Friday evening, but not to live in permanently.

Looking at neighboring cities is a much better option. Fountain Valley and Orange are better options. North Tustin is fine, but West Tustin right off the 55 fwy is just as ghetto as Santa Ana. I've lived in Santa Ana, Tustin, Fullerton, Buena Park, Anaheim, Placentia, Brea, Irvine, Lake Forest....all over the county. The only place I ever regretted living was Santa Ana. I couldn't get out of there fast enough. Good luck!
Thanks, Certainly Orange City, Tustin and Irvine seems to me a great option looking at commute time from my office(Huton Center, Santa Ana). Just one more question- In Bay area we get good deals when we rent apt in winter than summer. Is something similar there as well?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2017, 01:52 PM

173 posts, read 290,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by punitsinghi View Post
Thanks, Certainly Orange City, Tustin and Irvine seems to me a great option looking at commute time from my office(Huton Center, Santa Ana). Just one more question- In Bay area we get good deals when we rent apt in winter than summer. Is something similar there as well?
Yes, you tend to get better deals in the winter than in the summer. Not many people desire to move in the middle of the year, especially if they have kids in school. Shop around. You also tend to get good deals if you go into leasing offices in person rather than renting online.

Old 02-18-2017, 01:55 PM

173 posts, read 290,057 times
Quote:
Santa Ana is a dump, period, end of story. It's a city with nice areas, not a nice city overall. People move there because it's all they can afford. Monitor the Orange County Register for two weeks and see how many stories they post about someone being murdered or shot at or burglarized etc etc etc. Orange County is not known for gang problems, with the exception being Santa Ana. Go on greatschools.com and tell me how many of their public schools (not Mater Dei) rank well...not many. It's cool to head over to Santa Ana and spend a Friday evening, but not to live in permanently.

Looking at neighboring cities is a much better option. Fountain Valley and Orange are better options. North Tustin is fine, but West Tustin right off the 55 fwy is just as ghetto as Santa Ana. I've lived in Santa Ana, Tustin, Fullerton, Buena Park, Anaheim, Placentia, Brea, Irvine, Lake Forest....all over the county. The only place I ever regretted living was Santa Ana. I couldn't get out of there fast enough. Good luck!
I wouldn't say it's an overall dump. There are areas to avoid, just like any other city of its size. It's not the best place for children for sure, but if you're a couple looking to get into one of the most affordable areas of Orange County, Santa Ana is a good option.

Old 03-11-2017, 02:39 PM

1 posts, read 1,276 times
Hi I am along planning to move from Iselin, NJ to Santa Ana, CA with a kid of 41/2 yrs old. Any places you would recommend, price range 1500- $1800

Old 03-12-2017, 11:10 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,285,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erickz623 View Post
I wouldn't say it's an overall dump. There are areas to avoid, just like any other city of its size. It's not the best place for children for sure, but if you're a couple looking to get into one of the most affordable areas of Orange County, Santa Ana is a good option.
North OC cities are nice for the most part and have pockets of ghetto areas. Santa Ana is mostly ghetto with pockets of nice areas.

Old 03-12-2017, 10:52 PM

992 posts, read 875,989 times
I actually like Santa Ana.

Old 04-24-2017, 01:54 PM

13 posts, read 50,118 times
Hi,
I am wondering where did you finally settle? Any suggestion for me as a prospective renter?

Old 04-24-2017, 02:15 PM

209 posts, read 263,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by invincible312 View Post
Hi,
I am wondering where did you finally settle? Any suggestion for me as a prospective renter?
there have probably been at least 5 murders since the last post in March..

Old 04-24-2017, 02:32 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,140,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Western Urbanite View Post
I actually like Santa Ana.
Contrarians like what which few others do, reckoning that it is "cool". I have nothing against Santa Ana and want it to improve further. Saying that you like Santa Ana in its entirely is merely a que to virtue signal --- Oh Virtue, Virtue dear, I'm heeeeere and I just loooooove me some Santa Ana!

Old 04-25-2017, 04:47 PM

13 posts, read 50,118 times
Quote:
there have probably been at least 5 murders since the last post in March..
Okay. I give up the plan on looking for an apartment in Santa Ana. Is Fountain Valley/Orange good?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County