Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 06:13 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,134,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
I've had enough of the morons that live here

Protests in Anaheim after off-duty cop pulls GUN on teens | Daily Mail Online

All I see on video is about 6-7 young adult punk kids attacking a person on his on property. I see kids shoving and throwing punches at him and surrounding him while he's on his property before he ever pulls his gun. These kids should all be in jail but instead morons are going to march against the people that are paid to protect them....and the ringleader's parents are setting up a gofundme page so they can profit off it. This is a disgusting place we live in
The kids allege that the officer said something mean to a girl which in turn "caused" the teen morons to defend her.

This why we all need guns. I stand with the off duty cop. #offdutybluelivesmatter

The poor cop can't live there safely anymore. We should gofund him.

Madness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2017, 06:14 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,134,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfRadical View Post
"Joe Gulrich said the shooting took place in his yard about a HALF BLOCK from the officers home"

Once again the stand your ground Donald Trump voters can not grasp reality. The officer was not even defending his own property.

Maybe our non law school Boston transplant can enlighten us on the legalities of this.
But he was defending HIS PERSON!

Old 02-24-2017, 06:15 PM

1,607 posts, read 1,942,903 times
How did the Whittier police get involved?

Old 02-24-2017, 06:18 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,394,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
13 is when they have been in the gang for about 5 years and are starting to commit violent crimes. r
Gang banging and violent crimes are a problem at 8 years old?

Old 02-24-2017, 06:27 PM

1,607 posts, read 1,942,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
Yes, in parts of Los Angeles that I've patrolled. I've taken loaded firearms from children as young as six years of age.

Old 02-24-2017, 07:48 PM

1,874 posts, read 2,231,760 times
It seems to me that everyone, at some point, did something wrong to escalate the issue. I'm not even sure if any crime was committed here as I don't really know what constitutes the lawful discharge of a firearm. From what I've seen, there was an argument between the off-duty PO and the youth. The PO was either holding on and pulling on the youth's sweater or backpack. Disrespectful words were exchanged that were either a threat or mistaken for one. It appears the PO was bum-rushed, possibly punched, and pushed over a hedge. It is shortly thereafter that the officer pulled out a gun and fired it.

Thankfully no one was seriously hurt and I hope there's a sensible resolution here. I can see both sides here and I believe the truth lies somewhere in the middle, but I feel like everyone did the wrong thing to deescalate the provocation. The teens outnumbered the adult PO. At least one teen appears to assault the PO. The PO is the adult and should be professionally trained to both defend himself, evaluate the situation for reasonable force, AND deescalate. The PO did not shoot anyone and I assume did not attempt to hurt anyone (or else he would unloaded his clip into the backs of fleeing minors).

The disheartening part here was that the teens were arrested but not the officer. It would have been better optics for him to be taken in, but not necessarily charged. Secondly, the gofundme pages and their lawyer suing both the LAPD and Anaheim PD is very off-putting. I get it. Government institutions are held to high standards in our society and they have deep pockets, but I'm tired of tax-payer funded institutions getting sued for money as the only solution. There has to be a better resolution.

Who are these teens going to be in 5-20 years? How they are treated and how this is resolved will play a big part into who they become. Perhaps some will go on to become criminals or distrustful of the government, maybe others will become lawyers or advocates, but I hope the bigger heads consider what's best for everyone and think about the big picture.

Disclosure: I have relatives who work for the LAPD and FBI; I also have friends who were rightfully locked up as youths.

Old 02-24-2017, 08:14 PM

3,814 posts, read 4,007,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skid Row Ranger View Post
Well, I'm going to set the record straight here.

WizardOfRadical: You are the only sane person here commenting. Hooah.
Thank you. Since being a member, I am typically the only sane person commenting. RaymondChandlerLives is another good poster as well.

Old 02-24-2017, 08:37 PM

115 posts, read 163,503 times
Wow at some of the responses in this thread. The cop was clearly the one in the wrong yet the black and Mexican kids are getting the blame? Did you guys miss him dragging the kid further and further on his property? Did you miss all the kids yelling for him to let go of the kid? They're coming from school not some gang meeting. Smfh wow.

Old 02-24-2017, 09:59 PM

5,151 posts, read 4,524,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post

YES, it is a problem at this age, and if that LAPD off-duty officer had not been armed, he would have been surrounded by those "kids" & beaten to a bloody pulp.

And I'm 100% sure that this was not an isolated incident, it was the culmination of many, escalating incidents.

And how do I know this? Because similar incidences happened in my neighborhood in SoCal, turning a former, peaceful suburb into a filthy, nasty, dangerous, graffiti-covered, drive-by shooting, ghetto-bird flying hellhole.

So, shut up until you live it. Then report back about those "poor little innocent kids".

Old 02-25-2017, 12:09 AM

3,814 posts, read 4,007,016 times
In my experience, 9/10 the person who picks up a loaded gun and leaves their house is usually the one who causes normal arguements to become life or death situations.

If the guy said go away, the kids would have been smart asses and would have left when he said the cops are coming, and none of this would have happenend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County