Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2017, 05:06 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,142,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
More garbage. That remark dealt with energy and commerce not people. And it has been well refuted as a dream of open borders for immigrants. And a hemispheric common market that could even include people is a reasonable dream. Could do it now with Canada. And in perhaps another 50 or 100 years with Mexico.
Excuse me, you believe that she was only referring to energy when she said the following in 2013:
"My dream is a hemispheric common market, with open trade and open borders, sometime in the future with energy that's as green and sustainable as we can get it, powering growth and opportunity for every person in the hemisphere,"
And you know this because it was supposedly refuted (by her campaign manager who disavowed the comment)?

Will Hillary explain her dream of 'open borders'? - Chicago Tribune
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2017, 05:12 PM

Do you also reject Hillary's platform now as some sort of conspiracy?

As president, Hillary will:

Introduce comprehensive immigration reform. Hillary will introduce comprehensive immigration reform with a pathway to full and equal citizenship within her first 100 days in office. It will treat every person with dignity, fix the family visa backlog, uphold the rule of law, protect our borders and national security, and bring millions of hardworking people into the formal economy.

End the three- and 10-year bars. The three- and 10-year bars force families—especially those whose members have different citizenship or immigration statuses—into a heartbreaking dilemma: remain in the shadows, or pursue a green card by leaving the country and loved ones behind.

Defend President Obama’s executive actions—known as DACA and DAPA—against partisan attacks. The Supreme Court’s deadlocked decision on DAPA was a heartbreaking reminder of how high the stakes are in this election. Hillary believes DAPA is squarely within the president’s authority and won’t stop fighting until we see it through. The estimated 5 million people eligible for DAPA—including DREAMers and parents of Americans and lawful residents—should be protected under the executive actions.

Do everything possible under the law to protect families
. If Congress keeps failing to act on comprehensive immigration reform, Hillary will enact a simple system for those with sympathetic cases—such as parents of DREAMers, those with a history of service and contribution to their communities, or those who experience extreme labor violations—to make their case and be eligible for deferred action.

Enforce immigration laws humanely. Immigration enforcement must be humane, targeted, and effective. Hillary will focus resources on detaining and deporting those individuals who pose a violent threat to public safety, and ensure refugees who seek asylum in the U.S. have a fair chance to tell their stories.

End family detention and close private immigration detention centers. Hillary will end family detention for parents and children who arrive at our border in desperate situations and close private immigrant detention centers.

Expand access to affordable health care to all families. We should let families—regardless of immigration status—buy into the Affordable Care Act exchanges. Families who want to purchase health insurance should be able to do so.

Promote naturalization. Hillary will work to expand fee waivers to alleviate naturalization costs, increase access to language programs to encourage English proficiency, and increase outreach and education to help more people navigate the process.

. Hillary will create a national Office of Immigrant Affairs, support affordable integration services through $15 million in new grant funding for community navigators and similar organizations, and significantly increase federal resources for adult English language education and citizenship education.

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/issue...ration-reform/

Last edited by LuvSouthOC; 12-03-2017 at 05:22 PM..

Old 12-03-2017, 05:13 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,662,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Excuse me, you believe that she was only referring to energy when she said the following in 2013:
"My dream is a hemispheric common market, with open trade and open borders, sometime in the future with energy that's as green and sustainable as we can get it, powering growth and opportunity for every person in the hemisphere,"
And you know this because it was supposedly refuted (by her campaign manager who disavowed the comment)?

That's essentially a de facto confession that Hillary is in league with the Bilderberg Group.

Old 12-03-2017, 05:17 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times
Quote:

Again nonsense. If you actually followed the issue you would know better.

For instance...

Donald Trump says Hillary Clinton wants to have open borders | PolitiFact

And there are lots of others.

And I would think open borders in North America could be become a reality with Canada today and eventually with Mexico once it reaches a suitable economic state. At the moment there is very little pressure on Mexicans to come here...in fact the flow is the other way.

Getting Mexico to economic parity might be a good US goal. Provides us with markets and new opportunities. The whole of Baja calls for development in a big way. Could be another California if American development dollars and people could flow in.

Old 12-03-2017, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Again nonsense. If you actually followed the issue you would know better.

For instance...

Donald Trump says Hillary Clinton wants to have open borders | PolitiFact

And there are lots of others.

And I would think open borders in North America could be become a reality with Canada today and eventually with Mexico once it reaches a suitable economic state. At the moment there is very little pressure on Mexicans to come here...in fact the flow is the other way.

Getting Mexico to economic parity might be a good US goal. Provides us with markets and new opportunities. The whole of Baja calls for development in a big way. Could be another California if American development dollars and people could flow in.
It's remarkable to me that even after the election so many continue to peddle political "fact checking" sites which work in tandem with the media which half the country has rejected as being incredibly biased over and over. That site has no credibility. What is all the more remarkable is that we have a Wikileak on this very topic which you gloss over claiming refutation. Where is the refutation, baby?

Your ridiculous site claims that Clinton wanting open borders as being "mostly false", despite Clinton having said as much, because "experts" disagree on what constitutes open borders! Only a person who has not even read the so-called arguments leading to the conclusion would agree with such BS.

We have open borders with Canada for the most part. I don't need economic stats on Mexico as I can read on that subject enough.

And then the specious claim/implication that Mexican illegal immigration isn't an issue: Even if Mexico were comprised of all millionaires, none of whom wanting to immigrate to the US, do you suppose others (from other nations) might use their territory to cross into the United States?

As for the US goal of raising Mexican standards of living, keep it for yourself. We have a duty to promote the interest(s) of our people, not another country's.

Last edited by LuvSouthOC; 12-03-2017 at 06:41 PM..

Old 12-03-2017, 05:45 PM

"I was talking about energy", says Clinton. Who could possibly believe this?

She then goes on to attack Russia when Julian Assange confirmed that the source of the leaks was NOT Russia. Obfuscate much? Trump did not win this election, the liar of a candidate shown below LOST it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMc9RBK7QfQ

Old 12-03-2017, 07:17 PM

Quote:
It's remarkable to me that even after the election so many continue to peddle political "fact checking" sites which work in tandem with the media which half the country has rejected as being incredibly biased over and over. That site has no credibility. What is all the more remarkable is that we have a Wikileak on this very topic which you gloss over claiming refutation. Where is the refutation, baby?

Your ridiculous site claims that Clinton wanting open borders as being "mostly false", despite Clinton having said as much, because "experts" disagree on what constitutes open borders! Only a person who has not even read the so-called arguments leading to the conclusion would agree with such BS.

We have open borders with Canada for the most part. I don't need economic stats on Mexico as I can read on that subject enough.

And then the specious claim/implication that Mexican illegal immigration isn't an issue: Even if Mexico were comprised of all millionaires, none of whom wanting to immigrate to the US, do you suppose others (from other nations) might use their territory to cross into the United States?

As for the US goal of raising Mexican standards of living, keep it for yourself. We have a duty to promote the interest(s) of our people, not another country's.
Most are not particularly political or bias. That is simply right wing bias because the right wing is unwilling to accept even the most even reporting if it has bad things to say about anyone on the right. So the right wingers will hold that only sites that never say anything bad are fair.

One is always free to read the arguments and facts submitted and decide if it is believable or not. You can often back check the references put forward. The right wing never does that of course. They know any site which say anything bad about a right wing issue is biased and can be ignored. Leads to great ignorance but no problems understanding the issues...you simply don't. A dolt's technique to avoid having to think.

Old 12-03-2017, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Most are not particularly political or bias. That is simply right wing bias because the right wing is unwilling to accept even the most even reporting if it has bad things to say about anyone on the right. So the right wingers will hold that only sites that never say anything bad are fair.

One is always free to read the arguments and facts submitted and decide if it is believable or not. You can often back check the references put forward. The right wing never does that of course. They know any site which say anything bad about a right wing issue is biased and can be ignored. Leads to great ignorance but no problems understanding the issues...you simply don't. A dolt's technique to avoid having to think.
I see you conveniently omitted mention of the posted video wherein Clinton herself explains her stance on open borders as described to a Brazilian audience. My dolt brain awaits your deconstruction of her discussion together with the logical fallacies she used. Oh how I know you won't disappoint and I won't be left in such a deadened mental state.

Old 12-03-2017, 07:46 PM

Quote:
I see you conveniently omitted mention of the posted video wherein Clinton herself explains her stance on open borders as described to a Brazilian audience. My dolt brain awaits your deconstruction of her discussion together with the logical fallacies she used. Oh how I know you won't disappoint and I won't be left in such a deadened mental state.
She is quite clear. She was discussion energy and trade. Open borders would be good even for people if we had roughly equivalent economic status. Again we could easily negotiate an open border arrangement with Canada. De facto we actually have one. There is no wall or even fence on most of the US/Canadian border and there is no drive to make one.

We cannot do it at this point with Mexico because of the Mexican low socioeconomic class. At times they can do a lot better in the US then in Mexico. But get rid of that and we could do it for most of north America. If

If you traveled in Europe before the Common market you would know what a wonderful change the open borders provided. It has its down sides...obviously brexit was primarily driven by the arrival in Europe of herds of Poles and other poor Europeans looking for work. But that is actually a limited transient that would vanish in a couple of decades.

Old 12-03-2017, 07:52 PM

As a reminder, she said in her speech (according to Wikileaks):
"My dream is a hemispheric common market, with open trade and open borders, sometime in the future with energy that's as green and sustainable as we can get it, powering growth and opportunity for every person in the hemisphere."
(emphasis mine)

There is an and that comes before open borders thus indicating that it is an idea separate from trade or energy. Perhaps you missed that. Oh wait, this was refuted because Russia.

I am very familiar with Europe and Schengen and oppose it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County