Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2017, 08:08 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,347,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
As a reminder, she said in her speech (according to Wikileaks):
"My dream is a hemispheric common market, with open trade and open borders, sometime in the future with energy that's as green and sustainable as we can get it, powering growth and opportunity for every person in the hemisphere."
(emphasis mine)

There is an and that comes before open borders thus indicating that it is an idea separate from trade or energy. Perhaps you missed that.

I am very familiar with Europe and Schengen and oppose it.
No... the whole context was trade and energy. And I have no problem with Schengen and neither does most of Europe. Not possible at this point with Mexico but one day. And to advocate that some day all citizens in the Americas may be able to pass through borders without constraints is a perfectly rational goal.. And it may well come one day. Neither I nor Clinton will live long enough but our grandchildren may see it.

And I would love to see American developers and money get set lose in Baja California. One of the remaining super develop-able places on the continent. But that requires a level of cooperation between the US and Mexico we have not achieved. The propensity of Mexico to eat American developers is legendary.

In the interim neither Clinton nor I would advocate for open borders with Mexico. Not workable. But not out of reach somewhere in the future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2017, 08:27 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,140,888 times
Quote:
I am well aware of this area and don't need your links. There is nothing from stopping a jurisdiction from acting in good faith with that request.
One can only hope this issue is brought before the Supreme Court.

https://www.ilrc.org/sites/default/f...ber_2017_0.pdf

Old 12-03-2017, 08:36 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Quote:
One can only hope this issue is brought before the Supreme Court.

https://www.ilrc.org/sites/default/f...ber_2017_0.pdf
I hope so because SCOTUS is not going to overturn numerous federal court decisions, and when that happens maybe ICE will get it's collective head out of it's a$$ and obtain judicial warrants which will be honored by every jail and prison in the US.

There's only one possible answer why they refuse after all this time to have judges sign warrants to hold these people, they lack probable cause and don't want to do the work necessary to produce it.

Old 12-03-2017, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I hope so because SCOTUS is not going to overturn numerous federal court decisions, and when that happens maybe ICE will get it's collective head out of it's a$$ and obtain judicial warrants which will be honored by every jail and prison in the US.

There's only one possible answer why they refuse after all this time to have judges sign warrants to hold these people, they lack probable cause and don't want to do the work necessary to produce it.
No, it is because of the extremely burdensome nature of what the ACLU and other anti-American groups want.

Old 12-03-2017, 09:22 PM

Quote:
No, it is because of the extremely burdensome nature of what the ACLU and other anti-American groups want.
umm yeah sure...every time someone asks the court to intercede in a violation of a person's 4th amendment they are automatically anti-American ...sure thing. And those attorneys who defend your 2A rights...let me guess, they are all patriots and heroes...you betcha

Old 12-03-2017, 09:29 PM

It is clearly designed to slow the process and force ICE to allocate enormous resources so as to impede the removal process with the overarching concern being to allow the undocumented to stay. These political concerns are not part of the constitution and thus the reference to the 2A is specious.

Old 12-03-2017, 10:23 PM

Quote:
It is clearly designed to slow the process and force ICE to allocate enormous resources so as to impede the removal process with the overarching concern being to allow the undocumented to stay. These political concerns are not part of the constitution and thus the reference to the 2A is specious.
Nonsense, ICE could expedite the removal process by complying with the requirements of the 4th amendment and getting a judicial warrant for detainers, easy peasy lemon squeezy

Old 12-03-2017, 10:38 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,347,290 times
Quote:
Your post is again utter nonsense. The problem is clear and simple. The Federal Government is required to obey the fourth amendment. And they don't.

And staying is certain for the vast majority of the illegal alien population. We deport only enough to maintain the illegal population at 11 million. We could double the expenditure and get the population of illegals coming down...but we won't. Because no one is interested in spending more billions to make the illegal population slowly shrink.

What the right refuses to do is fix the problem. We need to be in control of our immigration and the right refuses to deal with getting there.

Old 12-03-2017, 11:54 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,181,139 times
You all are caught up in the details. He was here illegally x5. If he wasn't in Ca Kate wouldn't have been killed

I hear every day cops are not responding to calls and now a illegal alien has shot and killed a woman and found not guilty. Citizens aren't safe in Ca, this is no mans land we're on our own.

Old 12-04-2017, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
You all are caught up in the details. He was here illegally x5. If he wasn't in Ca Kate wouldn't have been killed

I hear every day cops are not responding to calls and now a illegal alien has shot and killed a woman and found not guilty. Citizens aren't safe in Ca, this is no mans land we're on our own.
And if a BLM Ranger hadn't left his gun loaded with a round chambered and unsecured in his vehicle she wouldn't be dead. If ICE had provided a judicial warrant to hold Zarate rather than a request to detain she wouldn't be dead...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County