Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2017, 06:27 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,390,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
Hi Sea, My Friend...

In the 70's & 80's mostly we had many Wonderful Fun Times taking our young'uns to Knott's Berry Farm, Disneyland, The Japanese Village, Medieval Times Knights & Jousting & dinner, Universal Studios (Burbank), Magic Mountain, Marriott's Great America, Marine World, Santa Cruz Boardwalk & Beach, etc

We also took our young'uns to the zoo's in San Diego, Oakland, San Francisco.

The chicken & jam at Knotts is delicious......We enjoyed the roller coaster rides & other ones there. Loved the gold mine ride & log ride too...

We had good times at all the Parks...
Dies Medieval Times still exist? A friend was a Knight there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2017, 07:27 PM

19,407 posts, read 15,231,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
The first time I went was in 1970, so I never saw it 'before the wall' either. I haven't been there since sometime in the early 90s. I'll have to back sometime.

Great thread .

Saibot is correct, the A through E tickets were for Disneyland.
This seems to keep coming up, so I finally did a search under "Knott's" and "vintage tickets," and results came up with older tickets designated as "A," "B," "C," and "D." Didn't see any "E's" in my cursory search. Some people are even selling them on eBay. So maybe I'm not crazy after all?

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q...421C61&wlsso=0

These look like complete sets:

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/_3jV5FcVqp...1979+front.jpg

Old 07-02-2017, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Hi Sea, My Friend...
Hi, Hawk!

Quote:
In the 70's & 80's mostly we had many Wonderful Fun Times taking our young'uns to Knott's Berry Farm, Disneyland, The Japanese Village, Medieval Times Knights & Jousting & dinner, Universal Studios (Burbank), Magic Mountain, Marriott's Great America, Marine World, Santa Cruz Boardwalk & Beach, etc
We went there as adults with my FIL and MIL. It was more fun than I thought it would be.

Old 07-02-2017, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Dies Medieval Times still exist? A friend was a Knight there.
Apparently :

Medieval Times Dinner & Live Shows in Buena Park, Orlando, Chicago, Dallas & More | Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament

Old 07-03-2017, 09:44 AM

23,521 posts, read 24,006,421 times
This is a really great thread. Reading these posts brings back some fond memories of the 70's, my childhood & teen years.

Growing up as a child in San Francisco, Los Angeles and Southern California always held a magical allure for me. LA was always imagined as "the cool place in California". The amusement parks, beaches, movie stars, Hollywood and "cool people" lived in LA and Southern California. Every summer, my grandfather drove us for a week long vacation to Southern California, and it was the highlight of the summer.

The amusement parks were the main attraction, but we also visited the beaches (Santa Monica, Newport), Grumann's Chinese Theatre, Hollywood, Universal, Olvera Street, Chinatown, took in a Dodger game, La Brea Tar Pits, Griffith Observatory, Malibu, etc. Great times.

Old 07-03-2017, 11:48 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,284,408 times
I remember there was a lake with an island on the east parking lot when I was a kid.

Old 07-03-2017, 12:46 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,632,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Hi, Hawk!

We went there as adults with my FIL and MIL. It was more fun than I thought it would be.
We went to the jousts one time in the 70's. It was Fun...

One warm summer evening we went to.....POP...Pacific Ocean Park. We had a great time...

Old 07-03-2017, 12:48 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,632,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
I remember there was a lake with an island on the east parking lot when I was a kid.
I remember seeing the lake/pond, being there.

Old 07-03-2017, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccm123 View Post
The amusement parks were the main attraction, but we also visited the beaches (Santa Monica, Newport), Grumann's Chinese Theatre, Hollywood, Universal, Olvera Street, Chinatown, took in a Dodger game, La Brea Tar Pits, Griffith Observatory, Malibu, etc. Great times.
The first time I went to Olvera Street was on a field trip in grammar school. My mom had given me a little bit of money to spend. I bought this huge, pink paper flower and had it tucked in over my bedroom window for years. lol And I never forgot the tacos. I've been back as an adult several times since. My paternal grandfather and grandmother came here from Mexico. They were married in the church there.

Last edited by SeaOfGrass; 07-03-2017 at 05:08 PM..

Old 07-03-2017, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
That must have been Jungle Island?

Quote:
One warm summer evening we went to.....POP...Pacific Ocean Park. We had a great time...
Wow, I just read up on that. Never got to go there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County