Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2017, 09:54 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,544,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzalugano View Post
Buyers can use any lender they like. Us Brokers often push a certain lender not due to kick backs are anything people often suspect. But because the a good lender vs a bad one can really make the transaction smooth or a complete nightmare for everyone.

Realtors have long term relationships with lenders, they are vetted and want to continue to keep that realtor referring them business.

I had a buyer used their own lender, he could not even get the price on the contract right, they closed two weeks late and the buyer was living in a Hotel with the U-Haul truck outside, the seller of the home they were buying was in a similar situation trying to move to Florida.

A bad lender increases everyone stress load, this is part of my spiel when I meet a client, I tell them you can choose anyone you like, better if you used them in the past and have a formed business relationship with with them. Going on the internet and randomly picking a lender, those are a hit and miss.

Most contract have the loan contingency removed in 17-21 days, have a bad lender that preforms late could risk a buyer loosing the deposit and the home. Have the Realtor give you three lenders numbers they have vetted the shop them.
I have enough money with the banks I use and the credit union. The credit union actually gave me the best deal. Wether or not the agent gets kick backs or some arrangement is not my probkem.. I simply didn't like the lender he had and. Didn't like his rates didn't like a lot about them. . I have about as high a credit score as you can get and he was offering me 4%. My CU was offering me 3.5. Only after I told them I'm going wrong th the CU they "wanted to work with me to get me that better deal". They had their chance to be honest and get me the best rate. They didn't. So they don't get my business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2017, 10:03 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HB2HSV View Post
It's simple. You offered an insulting bid. You DID get a response, a verbal one. That is how business are done. Now you're thinking double-cross your agent stabbing her in the back. What does that say about you?

If you were really interested in that house, you should've offered a price within negotiation range. The fact that they don't bother to counter indicates they were not going to waste time with your offer when there are plenty of others coming in. Now they're taking back-up offers, why didn't you offered something more reasonable in the first place?
Cheap shot. Hindsight is 20/20.

Old 07-16-2017, 10:10 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post
Real estate agents are in business to make money, not find you your dream house. The more you spend, the more they make. Keep that in mind.
Then why did the OP's agent advise her to low-ball the offer? Your cynical view isn't how they all operate, take note.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
View detailed profiles of: