Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 11:29 AM

47 posts, read 150,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
Thanks for the info.

I live in Indiana right now. My parents live here as well. At least I'll be able to come back to visit and still carry.

By the way, doesn't Arizona accept almost all CCW's? From what I've heard from someone who attends college down there, their gun laws are very loose.
Utah accepts all states CCW permits, AZ allows many but not all. Any state that has similar requirements as AZ will be accepted by them. you can do a search of reciprocity for CCW and get all the info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2008, 10:39 AM

2 posts, read 7,859 times
Love2dive, i am new to the state from texas, and im looking to get my ccw in orange county. what is the easiest way to go about it, bc i have heard from friends here you have to have reasons like carrying large sums of cash for work etc etc..any help would be awesome

Old 12-05-2008, 10:53 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,693,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benchracer View Post
Haaziq,
[T]hat's what this country has devolved to (and yes, I'm aware that I've ended a sentence with a preposition).
I have nothing to add to the comments so far because I agree with you, but I will say that ending a sentence with a preposition is perfectly fine. The naysayers are mistaken.

Yours truly,

A professional prescriptivist grammar nazi

Old 12-05-2008, 12:08 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,465,073 times
Quote:
Hi residents,

I'm not planning a move anytime soon, but I like to collect information on places I have in mind. I have heard that it is not as difficult to get CCW's in Orange County as it is in cities like Los Angeles or San Francisco. I'm a strong supporter of Second Amendment rights, so I feel like any place I would even like to possibly call home one day should support those rights. How strict are they? What is the age requirement (I will be 18 when I move.)?
Well up until recently getting a CCW depended on the size of your contribution to the sheriff's campaign fund.

In all seriousness, in the short term the new sheriff will probably be giving CCW applications more scrutiny as CCW's have become a bit of a political hot button this year.

Old 12-05-2008, 12:17 PM

70 posts, read 216,590 times
Default Just out of curiosity...

why would one need to carry a concealed weapon in Orange County? Is it dangerous? I was thinking about moving there, but if it's that tough of an area I certainly will think again.

I live in D.C. and I thought our crime rate is much higher than OC, but no one I know is concerned about being able to carry a concealed weapon.

Old 12-05-2008, 12:40 PM

1,720 posts, read 6,727,095 times
^^^ LOL Some people just want to carry...I'd rather rely on the police as a backup...because that's all they really are. Crime can happen anywhere...criminals travel...ish happens. Why not be prepared?

Old 12-05-2008, 04:29 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,465,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearLaker View Post
why would one need to carry a concealed weapon in Orange County? Is it dangerous? I was thinking about moving there, but if it's that tough of an area I certainly will think again.

I live in D.C. and I thought our crime rate is much higher than OC, but no one I know is concerned about being able to carry a concealed weapon.
OC is very safe. It's practically crime free compared to DC.

Old 12-05-2008, 04:38 PM

2 posts, read 7,859 times
i am asking bc i grew up with guns in texas and it is something that i have grown accustomed to. i do not like to rely on anyone else and in todays day and age you really never know. its like the extra roll of toilet paper we bring on road trips. i would rather have it and not need to use it than need to use it and not have it.

Old 12-05-2008, 07:24 PM

4,829 posts, read 6,929,711 times
Quote:
Hi residents,

I'm not planning a move anytime soon, but I like to collect information on places I have in mind. I have heard that it is not as difficult to get CCW's in Orange County as it is in cities like Los Angeles or San Francisco. I'm a strong supporter of Second Amendment rights, so I feel like any place I would even like to possibly call home one day should support those rights. How strict are they? What is the age requirement (I will be 18 when I move.)?
Move to Dallas, they are trying to get permission to wear their guns outside the coat.

Old 12-05-2008, 09:50 PM

136 posts, read 463,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearLaker View Post

It's personal responsibility and a right. Who is more responsible for your safety anymore than one's self?

A big government will diminish responsibility, guns, and our freedom. We don't want to become robots working for our master in DC.

When thugs or terrorists attack yourself of a group of others (say in a hotel!) I'd rather be a hero; than a zero.

Some of the safest areas on earth, like up in the islands off the coast of Maine, everyone has guns. They don't need to use them, but they have them for security and peace.

Studies show crime rates go up after gun control.. This is because the bad guys will always have guns no matter what the laws say. Bad guys are less likely to use them if the good guys have them.

Last edited by youngmoney; 12-05-2008 at 10:04 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County