Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2018, 08:54 AM

2 posts, read 1,557 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I live in Trabuco Canyon and drive to Santa Ana. The commute is about an hour. I take the 405 and exit Harbor blvd and work is about a quarter mile off the freeway. I am currently renting a room but would love my own place.

So far I'm seeing some impressive prices in Fullerton (unless it's spam bait). A one bedroom for slightly under a thousand a month. I looked on a map and I see the dreaded 91 freeway on an OC map passing through Fullerton.

If I choose to live in Fullerton, would the 91 be a part of my regular commute? I realize Fullerton is large and maybe I am being too vague. Just want an idea of how long it will take me to get to work.

Looks like the complex is on Yale Avenue near Walnut.

Any opinions on where the "nice" parts of Fullerton are would be helpful.

Unfamiliar with the area but apartment prices looked attractive.

Last edited by splost; 02-18-2018 at 08:57 AM.. Reason: added more information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2018, 09:13 AM

14,305 posts, read 11,697,976 times
I don't have knowledge of rental prices but I do about the drive. I used to live/go to school/work in or near Fullerton and am now in RSM. The problem is that your work location is not all that easy to access from Fullerton. You have to make a roundabout circuit (91--maybe, depending on where in Fullerton you are, to 57 to 22 to 55 to 405), or backtrack (91 to the 5 to the 55 to 405), or use surface streets (57 to 22 west to Harbor, and struggle down Harbor). But from where you live now, it's simple to get on the toll road (241-133) to the 405, and your work is right off the freeway.

Do you mean your current commute is an hour, round trip? (I wouldn't think it would take an hour to get to Harbor & the 405 from Trabuco Canyon.) If so, I honestly doubt it would be less from Fullerton. It might even take longer.

Old 02-21-2018, 02:36 AM

3,244 posts, read 6,299,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by splost View Post
Hi,
If I choose to live in Fullerton, would the 91 be a part of my regular commute? I realize Fullerton is large and maybe I am being too vague. Just want an idea of how long it will take me to get to work.

Looks like the complex is on Yale Avenue near Walnut.
The 91 does not go south to Santa Ana. The most direct route would be straight down Harbor Blvd. I would go south on West St. and Newhope St just to avoid Harbor but it is questionable if that would be faster since it is a little out of the way. I suggest getting a large paper map of the Orange County streets and studying the different routes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County