Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2018, 08:16 PM

585 posts, read 634,119 times

Advertisements

The local rag, the OC Register, had this informative L.A. article, scroll to the bottom for the OC info:

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/03/1...res-the-proof/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2018, 07:39 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,503,954 times
Really tough imo.

I have one rental that’s well below going rate but that’s gonna go up here in a few months. The only reason it’s that low is because the tenant has been there for 5 years and I didn’t do too big a rent raise in those years. Unfortunately I have to do a pretty big hike this year as all my costs have gone up quite a bit. Even with that raise they will be well below average rentals for the area.

If the crazy rent control ordinance passes expect some crazy rent hikes. They may be able to roll back the rent but that may not be. Who knows. Either way rent control isn’t going to help the housing crisis. If the rent control passes I’ll give notice to vacate and jack the rents up to crazy town prices. If I’m gonba put up with government bull**** I might as well make as much as I can.

Old 03-15-2018, 09:49 AM

3,437 posts, read 3,284,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Really tough imo.

I have one rental that’s well below going rate but that’s gonna go up here in a few months. The only reason it’s that low is because the tenant has been there for 5 years and I didn’t do too big a rent raise in those years. Unfortunately I have to do a pretty big hike this year as all my costs have gone up quite a bit. Even with that raise they will be well below average rentals for the area.

If the crazy rent control ordinance passes expect some crazy rent hikes. They may be able to roll back the rent but that may not be. Who knows. Either way rent control isn’t going to help the housing crisis. If the rent control passes I’ll give notice to vacate and jack the rents up to crazy town prices. If I’m gonba put up with government bull**** I might as well make as much as I can.
how did your cost gone up quite a bit? you only pay prop tax and insurance. do they call for plumbing often? do you do yard services?

PS: just asking because I as a homeowner, don't see so much expenses except the prop tax and insurance.

Old 03-15-2018, 05:44 PM

745 posts, read 1,284,064 times
How do all the people make it who work entry-level jobs?

Old 03-15-2018, 07:58 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,384,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwumpus View Post
How do all the people make it who work entry-level jobs?
They used to live at home with their parents.

Now they live at home with their parents or rent a bedroom from someone else. Why would anyone expect an entry level job to do much more than help someone learn and grow?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County