Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2018, 09:30 AM

9,807 posts, read 11,134,777 times

Advertisements

Islamophobia, you mean the so-called irrational fear of Islam? Ah well, it seems to me that anyone who takes even just a few moments to study Islam as understood by the five schools of Islamic jurisprudence around the world should rightly be fearful of that cult-like religion from which one cannot even leave lest they risk their lives. So no, it is not irrational, but rational.

Apostasy from Islam = death. What could be more cult like than not being able to leave a religion?

Old 12-05-2018, 11:32 AM

1,630 posts, read 2,358,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Islamophobia, you mean the so-called irrational fear of Islam? Ah well, it seems to me that anyone who takes even just a few moments to study Islam as understood by the five schools of Islamic jurisprudence around the world should rightly be fearful of that cult-like religion from which one cannot even leave lest they risk their lives. So no, it is not irrational, but rational.

Apostasy from Islam = death. What could be more cult like than not being able to leave a religion?

Not all Muslims subscribe to the questionable teachings of Islam - which by the way exist in every religion, not just Islam. Certainly not majority of the Muslims, and the majority of folks in the American Muslim community.

For every bad apple that exists in the Muslim communities, you will see dozens more examples of peaceful, upstanding citizens who contribute to the well being of the American society.

These people do not deserve to face the nuisance of Islamophobia and xenophobia.

You can b**** and whine about Islam all you want. It does NOT justify making Muslims vulnerable to attacks by bigoted morons.

Old 12-05-2018, 09:07 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,348,473 times
Quote:

Denial is not a river in Egypt (pun definitely intended).

I've seen this spurious argument used to justify bigotry and prejudice.

OC, you're a smart guy, but when you wade into race, religious and ethnicity issues, you're out of your league. Better stick to real estate and law.

Old 12-06-2018, 08:08 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,384,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Denial is not a river in Egypt (pun definitely intended).

I've seen this spurious argument used to justify bigotry and prejudice.

OC, you're a smart guy, but when you wade into race, religious and ethnicity issues, you're out of your league. Better stick to real estate and law.
There is a difference between bigotry.
While the majority of Muslims will not kill an apostate, they will support those who do and will NOT speak out against them for killing. If they are truly followers of Islam they are forbidden to speak against another believer to a on believer, even if they are a murderer. This is part of heir belief system and has nothing that qualifies as bigotry in speaking about the reality of the religion. All religions have bad people in them, but Islam requires that bad followers be protected regardless of their acts except for ... apostasy.

I have friends born and raised in several Muslim Countries and have a the Koran to read when I wish, to verify what some say it says.

Not sure why the discussion on OC now turning non conservative has to do with Islam, so maybe get back on track?

Last edited by expatCA; 12-06-2018 at 08:58 AM..

Old 12-06-2018, 08:47 AM

21,725 posts, read 16,327,107 times
Quote:

Hey, we ALL know the best reaction to a perceived problem is FEAR. Right, OC? Because FEAR justifies any sort of extreme reaction ... as opposed to, say, educating people and engaging in rational debate.

I consider ALL religions to be irrational mythologies. But I understand them ... ALL of them ... and why people turn to them to begin with: fear.

Old 12-06-2018, 09:10 AM

3,285 posts, read 2,660,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK12 View Post
Where did racism, Islamophobia, xenophobia and fear-mongering fit into your decision-making process? The "opposition to political correctness" ?
The knee-jerk insistence that anyone who disagrees with you must be racist, Islamophobic, xenophobic, and fear-mongering says far, far more about you than it does about them.

Every actual bigot out there thanks you for helping to throw up a smokescreen for them to hide behind.

Old 12-06-2018, 09:12 AM

1,630 posts, read 2,358,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnojr View Post
The knee-jerk insistence that anyone who disagrees with you must be racist, Islamophobic, xenophobic, and fear-mongering says far, far more about you than it does about them.

Every actual bigot out there thanks you for helping to throw up a smokescreen for them to hide behind.

You have to be naive to not be able to read in between the lines regarding the whole "political correctness" thing, in today's political climate.

The bigots are thanking our President for giving them a voice and emboldening them.

Old 12-06-2018, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnojr View Post

Nonsense. The poster being referred to as racist openly stated his hate. There’s no misinterpretation here.

Old 12-06-2018, 09:30 AM

3,463 posts, read 5,257,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Hey, we ALL know the best reaction to a perceived problem is FEAR. Right, OC? Because FEAR justifies any sort of extreme reaction ... as opposed to, say, educating people and engaging in rational debate.

I consider ALL religions to be irrational mythologies. But I understand them ... ALL of them ... and why people turn to them to begin with: fear.
Wow, interesting perspective. Not so much religion in itself, because many people share that opinion. More so that people turn to religion out of fear. I'm sure that exists to some extent, but that would be the farthest thing from my mind.

Old 12-06-2018, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstieber View Post
Wow, interesting perspective. Not so much religion in itself, because many people share that opinion. More so that people turn to religion out of fear. I'm sure that exists to some extent, but that would be the farthest thing from my mind.
Heh. I’m sure many feel they turn to religion for hope and guidance ... beacon of light ... and so forth. And I agree they do. And I see it has that effect. Including for Muslims. But at the root of our need for hope and guidance and light is: fear of darkness / the unknown.

I’m not making fun of that. Nor treating it lightly. As I said before, I understand it to be perfectly natural given our reflective brand of consciousness. Regrettably, that leads to some VERY seriously bad behaviors in the name of “belief”.

And, more and more in these times, ideological beliefs are become extreme in politics as well as religion. The two - politics and religion - are harder and harded to distinguish from one another for me any more. This thread is one of endless examples of the polarizing fears. Name calling and labeling. Prognosticating doom and demise. Darkness descends upon us all in the name of “the other party.” Satan!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County