Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 10:52 AM

24,407 posts, read 26,951,108 times

Advertisements

Thank the politicians who are soft on crime. In SF I had a friend whose window got smashed for having a jug of juice in the backseat. SF’s response, less lessen the penalty for car break ins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2018, 11:35 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,530,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justabystander View Post
LOL. You never know about karma, maybe the next car break in attempt the brick might bounce of a specially made window and knock him out cold, or he might test the charger in a puddle of water and electrocute himself. You just never know, but there will be payback some day...........hopefully. Have a good rest of your day.
Wouldnt it be great if that were to happen.

The guy never tried the door. Just ran up threw a rock. Then threw another rock. Pushed th3 window in risked through the glove box and enter console. Was looking for money or something valuable. I dont leave anything valuable in the car. And the car isn’t anyth8ng flashy. It’s a basic commuter car. No wheels or aftermarket stuff. 8 have a Bluetooth stereo but that’s to hands free drive. Hell it only cost 100 bucks. It’s not like it’s a high end stereo. Didn’t try to rip it out no other damage other than the glass.

Old 10-04-2018, 11:42 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,163,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
They need to get car alarms hooked up to windows too.
Some (many?) cars already have glass break alarm tech.

The problem is not the alarm, but the fact that nobody pays attention to alarms anymore. The only time it will really do any good is if you hear your own alarm right outside your own window.

Old 10-04-2018, 01:49 PM

3,437 posts, read 3,286,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnojr View Post
This. If the car looks empty, they aren't likely to bother with it. If it has something in it, heck, it might have more stuff.
better drive an old car, a little bit drab, not top of the line..they wont take a second look

and dont keep valuables inside

Old 10-04-2018, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by payutenyodagimas View Post
better drive an old car, a little bit drab, not top of the line..they wont take a second look

and dont keep valuables inside
Not sure if you read my post. And you’re wrong, This is about as bland a vehicle as you can drive. It’s a Kia Optima. It has nothing that would attract any attention. It’s about as boring as it gets in the automotive world. And I dont keep anything valuable inside. Seems these jackasses are breaking into anything they can. And leaving it unlocked wouldn’t help. He walked up going for the window. Never tried the lock.

Can’t post a video

Old 10-04-2018, 02:43 PM

1,570 posts, read 1,379,592 times
You're getting off easy. Here's a list of the things I've had stolen over the last three years:

chain saw
expensive nail gun
golf cart batteries for rv
large solar panels that ran a water well pump (cost me $1400 just for the panels)
bicycle
gold dredge
air conditioner for guest house
stove and washing machine from guest house
worst of all, they stole my peace of mind

But I'm angry now. I'm gonna get 'em. I now have security cameras EVERYWHERE, and they're connected to a cloud service. They can steal or destroy the camera, but I'll still have it saved in the cloud.

Sorry about your loss even though it's minimal. It's the intrusion that is what gets to you.

Old 10-04-2018, 03:02 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,356,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Not sure if you read my post. And you’re wrong, This is about as bland a vehicle as you can drive. It’s a Kia Optima. It has nothing that would attract any attention. It’s about as boring as it gets in the automotive world. And I dont keep anything valuable inside. Seems these jackasses are breaking into anything they can. And leaving it unlocked wouldn’t help. He walked up going for the window. Never tried the lock.

Can’t post a video
Man, sorry about that! I've had my stereo speakers stolen out of my car on the driveway years ago. Did it by smashing in the vent window (yeah, it was an old car with those).

Old 10-04-2018, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janellen View Post
You're getting off easy. Here's a list of the things I've had stolen over the last three years:

chain saw
expensive nail gun
golf cart batteries for rv
large solar panels that ran a water well pump (cost me $1400 just for the panels)
bicycle
gold dredge
air conditioner for guest house
stove and washing machine from guest house
worst of all, they stole my peace of mind

But I'm angry now. I'm gonna get 'em. I now have security cameras EVERYWHERE, and they're connected to a cloud service. They can steal or destroy the camera, but I'll still have it saved in the cloud.

Sorry about your loss even though it's minimal. It's the intrusion that is what gets to you.
Yup. It is the intrusion. The bs I gotta go through to change the window. $120 to replace it. All for what? Just some idiot who obviously has no job but goes around at 1:30 in the morning breaking windows on cars. Not to mention it unsettled my wife so much she was making herself sick with worry

Oh I got cameras. I’m actually installing more cameras that are gonna be high def he to catch the street and hopefully the car they drive up in if they come back. I’m gonna put a camera hidden in the car. If I catch their faces or a license plate and the cops catch them I’m happy.

Old 10-04-2018, 06:46 PM

585 posts, read 635,018 times
Remember, drugs are a victimless crime. He isn't a criminal, he has a disease.

Drugs fuel crime, but you won't hear that from the politicians or all the "feel good" people.

Old 10-04-2018, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDiabloJoe View Post
Remember, drugs are a victimless crime. He isn't a criminal, he has a disease.

Drugs fuel crime, but you won't hear that from the politicians or all the "feel good" people.
Yeah right. Got a little baseball bat that is a great cure for drug use. Break a few fingers tends to stop people from throwing rocks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County