Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2018, 08:24 AM

3,272 posts, read 3,933,909 times

Advertisements

A sad day for Orange County.

Republicans lose a fifth House seat in California as Democrat Katie Porter ousts Rep. Mimi Walters - Los Angeles Times

In another blow to California Republicans reeling from defeats in the Nov. 6 election, Democrat Katie Porter has ousted GOP Rep. Mimi Walters in an upscale Orange County congressional district that was a longtime conservative bastion.

At the same time, the updated vote count Thursday by the Orange County registrar of voters had Democratic House candidate Gil Cisneros pulling 941 votes ahead of Republican Young Kim in an adjacent congressional district.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2018, 08:31 AM

21,736 posts, read 16,350,818 times
... or a happy day, depending on pov, eh?

Old 11-16-2018, 08:34 AM

5,267 posts, read 4,182,098 times
Porter is extremely liberal too. I just dosn't seem possible that OC flipped that hard. I'm even living behind enemy lines in my hometown N OC. Sad day Indeed

Old 11-16-2018, 08:39 AM

26,731 posts, read 26,812,827 times
“Orange County,” the California collection of 34 cities and 3.2 million residents once described by President Reagan as where “all the good Republicans go to die,” died Tuesday. It was 129 years old.

The death shocked everyone who hadn’t bothered to pay attention for decades. County boosters and leaders had desperately tried to mask its failing health with a series of anti-immigrant resolutions, orange-shaped balloons at Great Park, and a string of increasingly vapid reality TV series. But as the years went on, the Orange County of old gradually succumbed to a new generation of working-class unions, multicultural youngsters and middle-class voters who just didn’t care about demonizing the downtrodden, except for the homeless.

An obituary for old Orange County, dead at age 129

Old 11-16-2018, 08:48 AM

I guess the motto, free stuff for everybody, really resonated with the voters. The only problem is...

THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS FREE, SOMEBODY HAS TO PAY FOR IT.

Old 11-16-2018, 09:02 AM

5,443 posts, read 4,679,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
Porter is extremely liberal too. I just dosn't seem possible that OC flipped that hard. I'm even living behind enemy lines in my hometown N OC. Sad day Indeed
So the opposite party is "enemy".

Old 11-16-2018, 09:08 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,760,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
She campaigned very hard in my local college, lots of flyers to come and see her talk, where I saw nothing from Mimi Walters. A lot of Chinese people asked me about her flyer. I’m sure she managed to confused some. But maybe Mimi Walters took it for granted. While I’ve got 3 voicemails from Trump, Gingrich, and Pete Wilson about voting for Mimi Walters. It’s a waste on me, I never voted for any Democrat.

Old 11-16-2018, 09:12 AM

21,736 posts, read 16,350,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema98 View Post
How else should we create unity? ... other than by demonizing and destroying?

Old 11-16-2018, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema98 View Post
When they want to take what I've worked for and give it to somebody else? When they want to let people jump the line to become U.S.citizens?

YES !!

Old 11-16-2018, 09:30 AM

5,267 posts, read 4,182,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
She campaigned very hard in my local college, lots of flyers to come and see her talk, where I saw nothing from Mimi Walters. A lot of Chinese people asked me about her flyer. I’m sure she managed to confused some. But maybe Mimi Walters took it for granted. While I’ve got 3 voicemails from Trump, Gingrich, and Pete Wilson about voting for Mimi Walters. It’s a waste on me, I never voted for any Democrat.
Yes she was relentless. I got 5 flyers in the mail everyday from her. All saying she's going to battle Trump and loves abortions. Made me nauseous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County