Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2019, 12:08 PM

1 posts, read 923 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone,

This is an unusual question but I need to ask it anyway, I sincerely hope you don't mind.

As a quick backstory, my name is Grant and I am a registered Australian Physical Therapist who has recently moved my young family to Dana Point to help my wife get treatment for an end-stage chronic illness.

We moved in June last year in the hope that I may work to support my wife (who is an American citizen) as a Physio while she gets the care she can't get in Australia.

As it stands, I need to find ways to help keeping make ends meet.

So I ask this:

Would anyone here - who is looking to improve their aches, injuries and pains, consider having me treat them to help improve their physical wellbeing?

I am a highly experienced and results-driven Physical Therapist, and I'm really good at what I do. I had a successful small practice in Australia prior to coming over. I am also currently managing a new Physio, health and wellness website (yourwellnessnerd.com) that I have been trying to build in to something special over time.

I would be willing to make time, almost daily if need be, to visit those relatively close by in the area and assist them to get to where they would like to be physically.

I understand that this is an unusual request, but I feel the need to explore this avenue.

More than happy to answer any questions here, via PM or through the socials.

Thanks for taking the time to read this,

Grant
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2019, 05:01 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,381,488 times
Is your license valid in the states? If not I don’t think you can practice physical therapy. You can hire yourself out as a assistant but I dint think you can do medical/physical therapy.
I would target higher end clientele if you are looking for money.

Old 05-07-2019, 10:27 PM

252 posts, read 420,233 times
First of all, we are great fans of Oz, and the aussies... skippered a sailing vessel in the Whitsundays, white water rafted
Tuley River, Dove the Great Barrier Reef and Coral Sea on the Spirit of Freedom, and a whole lot more. Oz is amazing.

This is out of my scope of practice, but....

A while back , I just finished physical therapy....broken wrist, ulna and the distal radius. Very sound whack and impact.

Physical Therapy was with Dr. Merritt who is up in Laguna Hills. I live in Dana Point and the drive is no biggie.

Class, knowledgeable, caring, friendly, competent, office. Several PT's , who I highly respected.

Perhaps you can look him up on the computer , and see if that might be a door opener for your future plans.

In addition to professionally flying and skippering boats, I have been an ACE certified professional trainer .
( American Council on Exercise ). We are staying fit, exercising and hiking and sailing.

No heroism, just fact that might alert you to a very excellent sports medicine and PT organization..

Actually, I miss the whole lot of them.

Just FYI.

Cheers,

Denny
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County