Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2019, 08:39 AM

585 posts, read 634,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
One wonders where all that gas tax and car registration money is going for millions of cars in LA
But that's another topic
Oh Oh Oh, (raises hand and waves it emphatically like Horse-Shack), I know, I know, I know!!!!!!, Call on me!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2019, 04:41 PM

585 posts, read 634,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussiaRussiaRussia View Post
Visiting from NYC next week. While traffic here sucks, I hear horror stories about CA traffic. I'll be based in Irvine and driving all over OC and up to LA for a little bit as well.

Are the 405 and 5 as bad as they say? Are there any "good" times to be on them?

Thx
Sooooo, how was the trip? What did you learn? What did you see / do?

Old 08-27-2019, 09:44 PM

3,322 posts, read 7,970,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJester View Post
As others have mentioned, Orange County has better traffic than Los Angeles County. Unlike what other posters say, the carpool lanes do help you get out of congestion more often than not.

I'd also like to add that at least in Orange County, weekends are mostly congestion-free. I can't remember the last time there was weekend traffic on even the El Toro Y. If that's not enough good news for you, might I add that there are toll roads like the 261, 241, and 73 which are always traffic free and serve as terrific shortcuts.

Last two times I've driven down to SD, I hit traffic in the Lake Forest area for no damn reason.

Old 08-28-2019, 07:48 AM

4,147 posts, read 2,960,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
Last two times I've driven down to SD, I hit traffic in the Lake Forest area for no damn reason.
On the weekdays, right? Seldom on weekends.

Old 08-28-2019, 10:07 PM

3,433 posts, read 3,749,752 times
Quote:
On the weekdays, right? Seldom on weekends.
Especially on weekends. Why do you make comments like this?

Old 08-28-2019, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Romano View Post
Especially on weekends. Why do you make comments like this?
Because I seldom encounter any serious traffic going up the I-5 through Orange County during weekends. It's always during the weekdays, and even then you can avoid it largely by driving on the HOV lanes.

Old 08-28-2019, 10:44 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,179,474 times
Quote:
Because I seldom encounter any serious traffic going up the I-5 through Orange County during weekends. It's always during the weekdays, and even then you can avoid it largely by driving on the HOV lanes.
You obviously don't go south of south county on the 5 on weekends

Old 08-28-2019, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Yes I did, lived in South County, drove on the 5 all the time through south county on weekends. Oh, so you're talking about the I-5 through Camp Pendleton? That's in San Diego County.

If you think I-5 traffic is bad, try the I-80 between Sacramento and Vallejo. Traffic for no reason, seven days a week. Much of that road segment has no HOV lanes. Makes El Toro Y traffic a non-issue.

Old 08-29-2019, 06:35 AM

5,381 posts, read 8,685,446 times
Quote:
Quote:
That's not Orange County. The area just south of South OC is Camp Pendleton in San Diego County.

Old 08-29-2019, 09:09 AM

5,267 posts, read 4,179,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacific2 View Post
That's not Orange County. The area just south of South OC is Camp Pendleton in San Diego County.
Is Dana point, San Clemente, San Juan cap considered s county?? I don't go do that way very often

Btw I recommend taking the metro to those areas. It's a lot more enjoyable
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County